- Posted: 9 days ago
Summary of Responsibilities
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C. (CBM), an accounting and business advisory firm that serves clients throughout Washington, DC, Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking a dedicated Audit Manager with 5+ years of public accounting and audit experience (tax experience is a plus). Must have strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite required), with experience in CCH Engagement, Pro-system FX and BNA portfolios a plus.
- Meet with clients and discuss audit planning and results, developing a professional relationship with clients
- Develop an engagement work plan and ensure that the team stays on schedule
- Review/prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, tax returns, management letters
- Ability to analyze and research unusual transactions, considering both the tax and accounting impacts
- Research tax strategies
- Develop new business
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other related programs.
- Advanced degree is strongly desired.
- CPA Certification.
- 5+ years experience in public accounting or controllership positions.
- At least three years of management experience and ability to lead and develop professional staff.
- Proficiency in use of computers and software programs (CCH Engagement, ProSystem FX, QuickBooks, and BNA portfolios a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements and prioritize work.
At CBM, it is our goal to hire talented, energetic people who are enthusiastic about what they do. We offer a mentorship program to encourage individuals to grow professionally and develop in their careers. CBM offers today's accounting professionals opportunity for advancement in a fast-paced environment that allows both for professional success and work-life balance.
CBM offers a diverse, flexible work environment and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, growth opportunity and a team-oriented office environment.
** CBM is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusiveness **
RECRUITERS PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS EMPLOYER!!
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?