St. Tammany Council on Aging (COAST) is looking for a full-time Assistant Facilities Manager!
This position assists in the performance of routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. landscaping, carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.). Maintains a physical environment that conforms to internal policies as related to safety and cleanliness. Responsible for the janitorial duties at the Covington Activities Center. Assists the Facilities Manager as necessary, as well as other various laborious duties.
COAST offers a full range of benefits to include health insurance, company paid dental, vision and life insurance, ancillary benefits, as well as paid holidays, vacation and emergency time off.
- Ensure the Covington Activities Center is clean and disinfected on a daily basis, or as instructed if more often (i.e. Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas as necessary to include but not limited to sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum.).
- Assist in the inspection of buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established Facilities Inspection Sheet.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing and HVAC maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, replacing A/C filters, etc.).
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Perform various landscaping tasks to include but not limited to cutting, trimming, edging and shaping at all COAST facilities. Water lawns, shrubs, flowers as necessary.
- Reconfigure, install, position, and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare the surface and paint various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Empty trash and garbage containers, to include clean debris from sidewalks and walkways.
- Complete miscellaneous projects such as pressure washing, painting, special event setup/cleanup/breakdown as required.
- Secure building when closing by checking windows, securing locks, setting alarm.
- Serve as the Facilities Manager in their absence (i.e. perform weekly inspections of COAST facilities, order, pickup and deliver materials to facilities as needed, etc.).
- Serve as a substitute Maintenance Worker in their absence (to include Slidell Center janitorial duties), as well as serving as a substitute Home Delivered Meals driver if necessary.
- Perform other maintenance and janitorial duties as required.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds and to occasionally lift and carry with others equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds .
- Ability to frequently stand, climb, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, balance and reach above shoulder level and to occasionally be in a sedentary position.
- Work in indoor and outdoor climates
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of experience working in a maintenance related field with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Must be able to use a computer; knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel) necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Flexibility and ability to work varying work schedule.
PAY RANGE: $15.00-17.00 per hour
In addition to these qualifications, you must have the ability to display tact, compassion and understanding in dealing with disabled and senior citizens.
COAST believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of the organization, and that contributions should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline essential functions, duties and qualifications, but not limit the incumbent to just the work identified. Each employee is expected to offer his/her talents, expertise, and services when necessary to ensure the achievement of this organization’s goals.
If you are interested, please submit your resume online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Our Admin office is currently closed to the public so walk-ins will not be accepted.
COAST provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.