Corporate Relations Fellow
- Expired: February 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Council of State Governments (CSG) is the nation's only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy. This offers unparalleled regional, national and international opportunities to network, develop leaders, collaborate and create problem-solving partnerships. To learn more about CSG please visit our website at
This opportunity is based in our Lexington, KY office but offers flexibility to work from home part of the work week.
The Corporate Relations Fellow supports CSG Corporate Relations staff and department priorities in the critical areas of research, data management, writing and event planning to ensure desired financial outcomes for the organization. This is a nine-month paid, part-time position ($15/hour).
- Identifies prospective new funders and qualified internal contacts.
- Writes backgrounders, talking points, and memos to assist with meetings with funding partners.
- Writes official CSG correspondence including proposals to secure external funding.
- Writes Associates in Action articles and CSG Associates Face Time.
- Corresponds with CSG members and contributors on their ability to attend CSG events and programs.
- Assists with mailings.
- Assist with data integrity and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably in political science, public administration, public policy, journalism, communications, or related field required.
- Experience in professional research, event planning and customer service preferred.
- Must possess excellent writing skills & technology skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Interested candidates must complete the online application and include their resume and a writing sample.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. CSG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Council of State Governments
1776 Avenue of the StatesLexington, KY
BusinessView all jobs at Council of State Governments
Get fresh Government Relations Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!