Unlimited Tomorrow is seeking a degreed, experienced, Electronic Product Design Engineer to join thier R&D team at their headquarters in Rhinebeck, NY. The job requires the development of electrical control systems, embedded software, and circuit board design within the context of electro-mechanical product development.
Join this fast moving startup in the scenic Hudson Valley!
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following:
- Printed circuit board (PCB) design using EDA software (OrCAD, Eagle, etc.), especially of small scale, multi-layer boards
- PCB manufacture and assembly using contract manufacturers
- Embedded software/firmware, especially with ARM-based microcontrollers
- Interacting and coordinating with embedded software engineers
- Motion control using a variety of actuators
- Use of a wide range of motion capture sensors and processing of their outputs
- Batteries (especially LiPo)
- Wireless communication (WiFi, cellular, Bluetooth)
- Drafting product specifications and requirements
- Documentation of designs
- Project management
- Design of small scale, digital and analog circuitry to be used in an embedded control system.
- Conferring with engineers, manufacturing staff, and suppliers to cooperatively design, integrate, and manufacture PCBs, custom sensor arrays, and wiring harnesses.
- Documentation of design work and engineering justification under an ISO quality management system.
- Authoring of procedural, manufacturing, and other quality and technical documents.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, orv requirements by directing or coordinating design, manufacturing, maintenance, documentation, support, and testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential engineering projects and studies.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of BoM items for serialized production.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Maintaining electrical equipment.
- Working with a variety of technicians.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering from an accredited school
- 2-5 years electronic product design
- Experience in using or a desire to learn the required software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering.
Unlimited Tomorrow's mission is to empower amputees with an intuitive, scalable model to create custom devices from start to finish. We utilize the newest technologies such as 3D scanning, 3D printing, and machine learning to make the next generation of artificial limbs at the lowest cost possible.
# of Openings1