The Council for Professional Recognition promotes improved performance and recognition of professionals in the early childhood education of children ages birth to 5 years old. The Council works to ensure that all professional early childhood educators and caregivers meet the developmental, emotional, and educational needs of our nation’s youngest children.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated professional to manage marketing activities for the Council. As a full-time marketing manager, under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Director, you will develop and execute marketing activities that drive greater educator and partner engagement and contribute to the growth of the Council while enhancing its brand. In this leadership role, you will oversee the implementation of the Council’s marketing plan and ensure that marketing activities are aligned with and support the overall strategic plan and key business strategies for credentialing programs. The successful candidate will forge and foster relationships between the Council and its stakeholders through relevant, targeted marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for creating marketing initiatives that raise awareness, drive interest, and increase revenue in a mission-driven work environment.
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Director to develop and update an annual marketing plan in accordance with the Council’s strategic plan;
· Devise and implement ongoing creative and innovative marketing strategies to deliver measurable results;
· Manage budget and project timelines to ensure council deliverables are on time, of quality, and within budget, and assign staff to appropriate tasks;
· Develop marketing initiatives using multiple communication channels, including websites, emails, newsletters, social media, advertising, and publications, in conjunction with members of the Marketing and Communications team;
· Determine a paid advertising strategy to support marketing goals;
· Champion the Council’s brand internally, externally, nationally, and internationally;
· Collaborate effectively and confidently with internal clients and colleagues across all areas;
· Interpret marketing analytics and produce reports for the Marketing and Communications Director on Key Performance Indicators, and determine ROI on marketing tactics;
· Collaborate with the Design and Editorial team to ensure that products are audience-focused and reflect the Council’s messages and brand; and
· Develop and manage project deliverable timelines.
· Ability to travel, including occasional overnight stays.
· Demonstrate advanced experience at the manager level.
· Adheres to Council Policies and Procedures.
· Learn and sustain knowledge of all Council programs and services.
· Provide excellent customer service to all Council stakeholders.
· Work with and across departments to develop and maintain a collaborative team relationship.
· Establish an annual professional development plan with goals that are monitored on a quarterly basis.
· Demonstrate strong effective communication delivery methodology application.
· Demonstrate strong comprehensive writing skills.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business development, or related field required
· Minimum of 6 to 8 years of public relations experience, with demonstrated increases in responsibility and results. Association experience preferred
· Evidence of successfully managing marketing activities, with a track record of successfully increasing engagement and revenue
· Knowledge of early childhood education issues, with direct experience preferred
· Ability to implement marketing strategies using online tools such as Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and social media platforms
· Strategy-oriented, with a proven ability to think creatively and be flexible within a changing environment
· Exceptional speaking, writing, and editing skills
· Experience and technical knowledge of both online and offline marketing channels
· Tenacious and persuasive, but tactful. Knows how to get things done, overcomes obstacles, and respects others’ points of view and positions. Agile and resilient, with strong influencing skills
· Ability to set and meet strict deadlines and budgets
· Extremely well-organized, with a high bias for action
· Willingness to experiment and deal with uncertainty; determined and a strong listener
· Ability to travel as needed
· Work samples required
- Demonstrate advanced experience at the manager level.