We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated professional to work with the marketing team to deliver and manage digital marketing initiatives for the council. As a full-time digital marketing manager, under the supervision of the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer you will develop and execute digital marketing activities that drive greater educator and partner engagement and contribute to the growth of the Council while enhancing its brand. In this leadership role, you will oversee the implementation of the Council’s digital marketing plan and ensure that marketing activities are aligned with and support the overall strategic plan and key business strategies for credentialing programs. The successful candidate will forge and foster relationships between the Council and its stakeholders through relevant, targeted marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for creating digital marketing assets and initiatives that raise awareness, drive interest, and increase revenue in a mission-driven work environment.
· Create, manage, and execute multi-channel digital marketing campaigns leveraging inbound marketing, email, website, social media, digital advertising, and content marketing.
· Develop marketing initiatives using multiple communication channels, including websites, emails, podcasts, v-blogs, newsletters, social media, advertising, and publications, in conjunction with members of the Marketing and Communications team
· Manage the Council website content management system and digital marketing strategy/ program and implement process for keeping digital marketing channels up to date.
· Gather and analyze digital marketing campaign KPI to provide insights, recommendations, and performance reports to stakeholders and leadership.
· Work with different teams across the Council to draft digital creative briefs, source images and videos, and proof marketing campaign content and collateral including advertisement copy, email templates, graphics, and campaign toolkits.
· Measure org traffic and develop solutions for SEO optimization and traffic tracking through Google Analytics.
· Identify and evaluate new digital technologies and optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and social and search ads using analytics tools.
· Develop and lead digital marketing trainings for internal staff on how to use social media as a council staffer.
· Advise the marketing and communications staff on digital best practices
· Devise and implement ongoing creative and innovative digital marketing strategies to deliver measurable results/ ROI on digital channel progress and intentional enhancements to improve ROI
· Manage project timelines to ensure council deliverables are on time, of quality, and within budget, and work with marketing staff and internal stakeholder in a collaborative way.
· Determine a paid advertising strategy to support marketing goals
· Collaborate effectively and confidently with internal clients and colleagues across all areas;
· Collaborate with the Design and Editorial team to ensure that products are audience-focused and reflect the Council’s messages and brand.
· Embrace and stay on top of digital marketing best practices including SEO, SEM, display, email marketing, video and social media
· Develop and manage project deliverable timelines.
· Ability to travel, including occasional overnight stays.
· Demonstrate advanced experience at the manager level.
· Adheres to Council Policies and Procedures.
· Learn and sustain knowledge of all Council programs and services.
· Provide excellent customer service to all Council stakeholders.
· Work with and across departments to develop and maintain a collaborative team relationship.
· Establish an annual professional development plan with goals that are monitored on a quarterly basis.
· Demonstrate strong effective communication delivery methodology application.
· Demonstrate strong comprehensive writing skills.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business development, or related field required
· Advanced knowledge on website management and web design management required
· Minimum of 6 plus years of digital marketing experience
· Evidence of successfully managing marketing activities, with a track record of successfully increasing engagement and revenue
· Knowledge of early childhood education issues, with direct experience preferred
· Ability to implement marketing strategies using online tools such as the marketing automation tool Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and social media platforms
· Strategy-oriented, with a proven ability to think creatively and be flexible within a changing environment
· Exceptional communication skills
· Experience and technical knowledge of both online and offline marketing channels
· Tenacious and persuasive, but tactful. Knows how to get things done, overcomes obstacles, and respects others’ points of view and positions. Agile and resilient, with strong influencing skills
· Ability to set and meet strict deadlines and budgets
· Extremely well-organized, with a high bias for action
· Willingness to experiment and deal with uncertainty; determined and a strong listener
· Ability to travel as needed
· Work samples required
- Demonstrate advanced experience at the manager level.