Council for Airport Opportunity (CAO) is a nonprofit trade association created in 1972 in collaboration with airline companies, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the Mayor’s Offices of the City of Newark and City of New York, and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Our mission is to identify and address the critical employment needs of the communities surrounding the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan airports, while at the same time responding to the hiring needs of the airport tenants and the aviation industry.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based out of our Jamaica, Queens Office.
CAO’s Office of Second Chance Employment (OSCE) is a newprogram designed to connect individuals that have been involved with the justice system to potential job opportunities at John F. Kennedy International Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport. The Program Manager (PM) will be the champion of the Second Chance Employment Initiative. In this role you will be developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to connect qualified candidates for employment with appropriate job opportunities at our airports.
The PM will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with committed employer partners, ensuring theyare regularly updating the OSCE database with job openings and interviewing qualified candidates referred to the OSCE. You will also update and report out on all progress and challenges associated with the program regularly, as well as utilizing that data to further refine and enhance the program. Finally, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the OSCE, communicating constantly with the employers and community-based organizations, and ensuring that the office is operating effectively and efficiently. The PM will supervise one administrative assistant and report directly to the Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
- Champion and promote the Office of Second Chance Employment (OSCE).
- Develop and sustain relationships with airlines and other airport-based employers to provide opportunities to individuals who have been involved with the criminal justice system.
- Build relationships with community-based organizations that support individuals that have been involved with the criminal justice system.
- Develop a strategic plan to meet the OSCE objectives.
- Provide a best-in-class customer experience to all stakeholders.
- Develop new and innovative methods to attract and connect the target population to airport employment opportunities.
- Responsible for customer communications, conflict resolution, and deliverables; ensure that customer issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Forecast and track key account metrics using Salesforce database.
- Ensure accurate input of all operations and status are accurately entered into the database.
- Submit quarterly performance reports in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in workforce development, community outreach, recruitment, career counseling, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct team activities
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Ability to conduct basic research and follow trends within the industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database tools, and CRM applications (Preferably Salesforce)
- Proven ability to use data sets to identify and analyze operational challenges
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a result oriented manner
- Ability to thrive in a performance-driven business setting and consistently meet goals
- Demonstrated experience presenting in front of large groups
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Experience working with the criminal justice involved community and handling both sensitive and confidential information
- Familiarity with the following desired but not required :
o NYC Fair Chance Act
o New York State Correction Law 23-A
o New Jersey Opportunity to Compete Act
o Fair Credit Reporting Act
o Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
o Accurate battleground Checks
o Fair Interview Process
o Federal Bonding
o Non-Discriminatory Hiring Practices
The salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, education, and experience and that the job includes a generous benefits package.
Are you excited to learn more? Please apply to the link and if you meet our qualifications, we will contact you to discuss the role and your background more thoroughly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.