Buy Back Center
Cougle's Recycling Inc. Hamburg, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
For this position, we require a motivated individual with the ability to accurately grade varying non-ferrous and ferrous materials. The job involves direct interaction with outside customers and it is expected that the individual will maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor as a representative of CRI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately weigh and grade the metals as they are brought in by outside customers.
- Enter each customers graded material and associated weights into the computer supplying them with a print off to turn into the office for payment
- Customers always come first. When there are no outside customers, you will be responsible to weigh, grade, and enter slips for metals brought back from our Customers with our trucks.
- You are responsible to keep your area clean and orderly
- You are to refill the propane tanks as needed for the forklifts.
- You are to keep track, and inform the office when you have a full trailer load of material to be shipped out.
- You are to weigh, load and record all necessary information for the outgoing shipment report for full trailer loads of materials being shipped from your area.
- You must have the ability to operate a shear utilized to upgrade any contaminated metals.
The representative for the buy-back center is a direct reflection on the company. It is expected that you will keep the area neat and clean, correctly grade and weigh metals, and always provide accurate information for the customer reimbursement. Being honest, friendly, and ensuring that you area dressed appropriately is essential to ensure the customers feels welcomed and wants to come back and deal with us again.
Job Training, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Must be familiar with the different type of metals, and how to sort them accordingly.
- Will be required to take and pass a forklift training/safety course
- Ability to work overtime or flexible hours as needed
- Must have strong customer service qualities
- Ability to stand for more than 8 hours per day
- Ability to reach, grab, twist and bend constantly, and able to lift at least 50 lbs.(not constantly)
- Must be able to be self motivated as well as work well as a team member
- Must work in outside temperatures, during all seasons
- Must have the ability to operate hand or power tools
- Will be required to have training in working with propane, and proper and safety techniques and procedures of filling propane tanks
General Conduct, Behavior and Performance
1) Exhibit good attendance habits. Strive to be at work every scheduled work day unless prevented from doing so for viable reasons of health. If a health condition creates an unavoidable absence preventing an employee from coming to work for the day, the employee is required to call in to report the illness and absence, before the start of their shift.
2) Exhibit good work habits; avoid late starts and tardiness. Strive to be at work as scheduled, at the proper work station every. Return from breaks and lunches in a timely manner. In the instance of an unavoidable tardy/late start, the employee is required to either previously obtain permission for the tardy/late start, or call in to report the tardy/late start to the H/R office.
3) Exhibit good work habits; avoid early departures. Strive to be present and productive until the scheduled shift end of each work day. If an early quit is required and unavoidable, the employee is required to notify and obtain permission for that early quit.
4) Exhibit good work habits such as: productivity, efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness in the job functions. Strive to work at a reasonable pace, stay busy, remain at the assigned work station and job function, and be useful and productive with paid time.
5) Exhibit good work habits by being a great team member; work well with co-workers, be considerate of co-workers, avoid arguments and confrontations, avoid non-productive or destructive behavior, work well with your supervisor, and constructively taking instructions and carrying out assignments given by your supervisor or a member of management.
6) Suggest new/alternate methods, ideas, and solutions to contribute to greater efficiency and improved results. You opinion matters!
7) You will be expected to adhere to our company's values and standards, by always being honest and behaving with integrity.
Cougle's Recycling Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Cougle's Recycling Inc.