If you love to work with details, skilled in proofreading, highly organized, have experience working with numbers and financial information, and you enjoy direct interaction with staff and clients, we want to talk with you! Only candidates that have all these qualities will be considered.
This position is an important role that includes a broad mix of duties to ensure that the work we do internally and with our clients keeps moving in a timely and efficient manner and one that will include significant interaction with staff and clients. A formal accounting education is not required, although it would be a plus.
Coughlin, Donovan, Niehaus & Scherle (CDN&S) is a well-established public accounting firm in Fenton Missouri focused primarily on privately held businesses and individuals where we deliver personalized Tax and advisory services that our clients love and respect. We are proud of the culture we’ve built over decades; offering our team a pleasant work environment and the flexibility to enjoy a work/life balance. We are a smaller firm (less than 20) and we are looking for a full-time (7:30 to 4:30) Accounting Administrative Support Assistant to join our team of professionals.
- Primary responsibilities include compiling, processing and proofing Tax Returns and financial documents. Duties also include organizing, printing, binding of documents, and assembling client files.
- Provide administrative support to the staff accountants and the Partners of the firm, to include typing engagement letters and general correspondence, Accounts Payable, filing, and quarterly reminders to clients for tax filings.
- General coordination of activities related to keep work flowing smoothly (data entry, reminders, printing of labels, preparing packages, maintaining the library and physical storage of documents).
- Front office receptionist duties to include answering and directing phone calls, monitoring incoming/outgoing correspondence, maintaining client and internal files, client hospitality, managing incoming and outgoing mail, monitoring/distributing faxes and daily opening/closing of the office.
- Excellent proofing skills (thorough, strong attention to detail)
- Skilled at listening and communicating, both verbally and in writing
- Good mathematical skills; comfortable working with numbers and financial information
- Organized, able to maintain order and flow of files and work papers
- Able to set priorities, manage time and stay on top of things·
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite·
- Experience with various accounting software programs is a plus
- Takes personal ownership for high quality, accurate work
- Good with people, likes interaction, easy to talk with
- Calm, flexible, adaptable
- Creative and resourceful, able to figure things out
- Effective at balancing priorities while concentrating on tasks at hand
- Desires a fast-moving (active) environment
CDN&S offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Expected first year compensation will be in the range of $30K to $45K.
Coughlin, Donovan, Niehaus & Scherle
Why Work Here?We are a 50+ year old Public Accounting Firm in Fenton Missouri helping business owners and individuals with Tax preparation and financial advice. We are a smaller firm (less than 20 folks) and are proud of our open culture, flexible work schedules and passion for each other.
We're proud of the culture we’ve built over decades; offering our team a pleasant work environment and the flexibility to enjoy work & life.