Senior Systems Administrator
Cott Systems, Inc. Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you thrive on solving technical challenges and have a proven history of designing and implementing creative solutions? Are you a self-starter that communicates effectively, is passionate about technology, and interested in joining a team of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Cott Systems.
Cott Systems, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is an established, well-respected software and services company that provides solutions to local county governments within the United States. We specialize in understanding and responding to local government record management and information technology needs by building a partnership with our clients and the public that they serve.
We are looking for a highly motivated, and forward-looking IT professional to join the Cott Systems’ team in a Senior Systems Administrator position. Your role is to drive excellence and to increase overall efficiency, business continuity, and user happiness by delivering a high level of hands-on support for IT services to minimize business disruptions. You will share responsibility for the company’s internal and external IT infrastructure, including managing complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge. You will partner with internal resources, serving as a technical resource for the organization, providing guidance and assistance to internal staff with difficult technical issues including complex hardware, software, and implementation issues. If you have had prior successes in such a role, our Senior Systems Administrator position may be a great fit for you!
Key duties and responsibilities for this position are listed below:
- Ensure the internal and external infrastructure is sufficient and operating effectively to support all hardware and software applications in an optimal and efficient functioning environment.
- Implement and maintain hardware and software applications including Web, Database, File system, and Citrix-based applications. Stage and install system add-ons and upgrades; Automate installation and monitoring solutions to increase operational performance. Create and maintain system documentation.
- Serve as a Technical Resource for the organization; Mentor, teach, and guide less senior staff with difficult technical issues. Provides assistance to staff on complex hardware, software, and implementation issues, and, when necessary, assumes a lead role in the investigation and solving of issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provide input to other teams within the organization to assist with the continuing product/system development and conduct system audits to ensure quality.
- Establish and communicate goals and direction for projects both internally and externally, determining requirements, and providing precise documentation for staff and partners.
- Conduct needs analysis of technical software and hardware requirements of the organization. Research and evaluate new software and technologies. Advise management of possible impact new software/technologies may have on Cott’s services and products.
Qualifications and requirements to be successful in this role include:
- Degree, preferably BS, in Computer and/or Business related field and 7+ years of directly related experience.
- Strong technical skills/background with an advanced level of understanding of personal computers, software, hardware, peripherals, operating systems, MS applications, and networking environments is essential. Professional certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, A+, and Network+ are highly desired.
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and understand and be responsive to customer needs while working independently and under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people with varying degrees of technical experience. Technical writing/documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of database-based software applications, DevOps, and software development tools.
- Above-average knowledge of and experience working with Citrix, IIS, Active Directory, SQL database, TCP/IP, CSSCM, networking, and database connectivity.
- Hands-on server-class hardware build experience. Working experience with network hardware includes Switches, Firewall, SAN, KVM, and Server class hardware.
- System administration automation experience using scripting.
- Successful demonstrated knowledge and experience with infrastructure applications including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Hypervisor Administration, and any Network Management System.
- Experience with cybersecurity best practices, audits/vulnerability assessments.
- Strong working knowledge of Server operating systems.
- Excellent work and attendance history.
Ideal candidates have the experience and skills noted above, are passionate about providing clients with industry-best technology solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to learn and work with a growing and dedicated team.
Some of the great benefits we offer include:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, 401k, and Vision benefits
- 15 days of PTO the first year plus 8 holidays
- Free life insurance, short term disability, and long-term disability benefits
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cott Systems is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Cott specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their customers and the public that they serve.
Cott Systems, Inc.
Who are we? Cott Systems is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records.
2800 Corporate Exchange DriveColumbus, OH