Retail Marketing Manager
Cotopaxi Salt Lake City, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Retail Marketing Manager
Level: Mid Level
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cotopaxi HQ Salt Lake City, Utah. Eligible for remote work.
Reports to: GTM Marketing Manager
Cotopaxi is an outdoor gear brand and Benefit Corporation founded to solve poverty in our lifetime. With five storefronts and a strong ecommerce platform, and employing over 80 staff members, we design, manufacture, and sell packs, apparel, and gear, raising awareness and funds for various humanitarian causes through the Cotopaxi Foundation. In 2020, Cotopaxi gave close to $1 million to alleviate the financial impact of COVID-19 through traceable grants through its eponymous foundation. To help close the gap in human development caused by the pandemic, Cotopaxi has a goal of assisting 1 million people experiencing extreme poverty in 2021.
We are looking for a consumer-focused, passionate and enthusiastic Retail Marketing Manager who will be responsible for amplifying & executing Cotopaxi's integrated retail & wholesale marketing initiatives, ensuring sales channels are supported with the proper planning, communication, and campaign assets to maximize product sales. For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment. You are a scrappy, multi-tasking master that loves all things retail marketing and is capable of on-the-spot and on-time execution.
This role sits on the brand team, reporting to the GTM Marketing Manager, and will help bring our mission, products, and stories to life within our retail & wholesale stores.
Join a growing marketing team that's empowering and accelerating a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams including sales, creative, impact, product, PR, and senior executives.
- Strong project management skills managing multiple projects at any given time across various channels & keeping stakeholders informed & up to date
- Work closely with the sales and brand teams to ensure that strategies are aligned with brand objectives and sales revenue targets
- Partner with sales and retail teams to develop an annual marketing calendar strategy that supports all channels including retail & wholesale
- Develop Cotopaxi’s first and fully comprehensive POS/POP program, partnering with the sales team to understand retail partner needs
- Support the sales team seasonal sales cycle with bi-annual sales meetings, managing all sell-in collateral development and timelines
- Manage all tradeshow marketing efforts, including but not limited to booth agency management (acting as primary point of contact), run-of-show development and on-site coordination, logistics support, and booth creative and collateral development. These efforts include bi-annual Outdoor Retailer markets and various regional shows and expos annually.
- Partner with retail team to develop new store opening marketing launch and local market sustain plans, and provide owned retail store seasonal marketing support and planning
- Plan, coordinate and execute design and delivery of integrated marketing assets for category and product campaigns at the retailer level. This includes but is not limited to retailer events, seasonal promotions, pop-up shop development and execution, and digital/social campaigns
- Implement retail initiatives and activities designed to increase sales and brand/category presence, measure and report effectiveness, and recommend improvements as needed
- Act as the project management lead on all retail projects and see them through to successful completion including channel specific initiatives, retail expansion, & promotions
- Develop consumer promotions in collaboration with Brand, Impact, Creative and Sales
- Report sales needs and field intelligence to brand team
- Analyze brand sell through results by channel and make recommendations to increase results
- Collaborate with Creative team to implement a consistent 'voice' and tone that resonates with the Cotopaxi community at the retail level
- This position requires 20% travel
- We take character and camaraderie seriously at Cotopaxi. We like givers and builders.
- We like people who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get to work.
- Our brand is always growing and evolving, which means you’ll be evolving with it. We like to see candidates who show strong capacity for adaptiveness and flexibility.
- We’re a spunky company looking to prove that mission-first brands CAN win. If you join our team, you’ll be a part of something bigger than a bottom line; so, we love to see volunteering and community engagement on resumes.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business or a related field
- 2-4 years in a relevant marketing position that focuses on retail and trade marketing, preferably at another apparel or gear company with eCommerce, owned retail, and wholesale distribution
- Highly organized, a strategic thinker and planner with a proven track record of being able to multitask in a lean work environment
- Confident, highly motivated self-starter that can work independently with little supervision
- Onsite event management experience (set up, tear down, merchandising, etc.), preferably with experience at large trade shows like Outdoor Retailer
- Experience directly negotiating, managing and working with external agencies and vendors
- Comfortable with speaking on behalf of a brand in front of various audiences (retail accounts, sales reps, industry professionals)
- Strong familiarity with product storytelling, merchandising and content strategy at the retail channel level is preferred
- Proven ability to work alongside creative counterparts to build engaging initiatives, while still maintaining organizational brand guidelines
- Be an expert on current retail and consumer engagement trends to inform new campaign ideas
- Strong written ability and creative sense
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Unlimited responsible vacation
- Excellent health benefits package including access to medical, vision and dental coverage
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
- A warm, inviting and all-around fun company culture!
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Cotopaxi is an inclusive Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Cotopaxi