Underwriting Manager (Remote)
Coterie Insurance Kansas City, MO
- Expired: November 12, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Underwriting Manager (Remote)
Were looking for an Underwriting Manager who is passionate about simplifying small commercial
property casualty underwriting and great at execution to be part of our core startup team. We need
someone with expertise in developing portfolio and individual risk underwriting practices, and
value team members who view what they do as a craft rather than a job.
Full Job Description
The Underwriting Manager will be responsible for developing risk selection practices in an automated underwriting environment (LOB: BOP, Prof. Liability, GL, Worker's comp, Cyber, etc...). You will define class appetite across entire industry spectrums, utilizing unique 3rd party data, in-house analysis, and hyper-portfolio underwriting. This role also offers the chance to work cross-functionally with Technology, insurance product, and our distribution teams to continue Coterie's culture of customer-focused, simple and intuitive insurance solutions.
- You have B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Economics, or Liberal Arts
- You have minimum 7 (seven) years experience creating underwriting guidelines, working in the grey-area, and understanding the rules, forms, and industry knowledge of a wide spectrum of segmentsincluding retail, contractors, service industries, professional services, and the gig economy.
- You must be naturally curious to understand risk, experienced to know what details matter, and humble to know when to seek out information from others.
- Youre passionate about small commercial marketplace and innovating simpler ways to service business owners using advanced selection and pricing tools.
- Advanced working knowledge of ISO rules and products, and small commercial products.
- Work experience in a market-facing capacity to support sales and marketing with agents or vendors.
- You have earned the CPCU, ARM, or CIC designations.
- You have Insurtech experience.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, were excited to talk to you.