If you’re ready to foster a culture of service excellence and lead by example, CDP may be right for you. Our CFO is responsible for directing the accounting, financial, and billing functions of Coteau des Prairies Health Care System. This position is also responsible for managing the hospital and clinic’s accounting—monitoring performance against budget, and managing specialized reimbursement and other budget programs—while reporting directly to the CEO.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, master’s degree preferred. He or she should also possess a minimum of three years of significant hospital financial experience as well as proven skill in supervising hospital accounting, with strong leadership and strategic skills.
Eligible for our comprehensive benefits package and paid vacation. Excellent pay.
This position develops, implements and directs the accounting, financial and billing functions of Coteau des Prairies Health Care System including general ledger, accounts payable, budgeting and reimbursement, financial analysis, and reporting. This position is distinguished by its responsibility for managing the hospital and clinic’s accounting functions; monitoring and measuring actual performance against budgeted, and managing specialized reimbursement and budget programs. This position is also responsible for overseeing the Business Office and associated departments of the organization. The incumbent in this position reports directly to the CEO. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
1. Directs accounting practices and prepares and maintains fiscal and accounting records and reports.
2. Monitors and analyzes budget performance and accounting techniques to determine actual versus budget costs.
3. Assists, advises and provides information to Administration and management staff on financial and budgetary matters for strategic planning.
4. Directs the development and/or/ new and/or modified accounting systems and procedures.
5. Provides information and coordinate the preparation of all third party cost reimbursement reports required by Medicare and Medicaid.
6. Prepares financial analyses, recommends cost shift or accounting strategies to maximize reimbursements.
7. Reviews third party contracts and directs the development of new agreements to maximize CDP’s reimbursement rates.
8. Reviews current regulations regarding reimbursement for hospital and clinic health care services and makes recommendations for maximizing participation in available reimbursement processes. .
9. Oversees departments as assigned.
10. Oversees IT functions facility-wide including ensuring all hardware is operational and has sufficient capacity to handle all data information processing.
11. Acts as liaison between CDP and Healthland and ensures support resources are available, needed applications and purchase, installed, and maintained and security administration for the database system is established and maintained.
12. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Fosters a culture of service excellence which anticipates and responds to the needs of our customers.
2. Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the highest ethical and professional standards.
3. Maintains compliance with mandatory training initiatives, competencies, and licensure requirements.
4. Complies with all CDP and departmental programs, policies and procedures (i.e. administrative, HR, financial, clinical, quality, and safety policies and procedures).
5. Ensures and protects the confidentiality of sensitive information.
6. Complies with all federal, state, and local standards and laws regulating the provision of professional services (licensure and scope of practice).
1. Interviews, hires, trains and provides coaching for department staff.
2. Manages the overall development and performance of staff. Establishes employee goals and conducts performance evaluations.
3. Establishes policies, procedures and protocols for departmental functions
4. Supports and ensures staff compliance with all CDP and department programs, policies and procedures.
5. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local standards and laws regulating the provision of professional services (licensure and scope of practice).
6. Promotes and manages the safety of employees and the work environment. Ensures compliance with CDP and departmental safety policies and procedures and holds staff accountable for adhering to safety standards.
7. Analyzes, reports, makes recommendations, and develops strategies for improved quality and department productivity.
8. Develops and maintains effective relationships with supervisors and co-workers in performing assignments and service requests.
9. Manages the departmental budget effectively, determines fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary recommendations. Identifies appropriate staffing levels for the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution. Master's degree is preferred. Minimum 3-5 years of significant hospital financial experience. Must be capable of supervising general accounting, patient financial services, including registration, billing and collection, HIM, and management info systems consistent with proper financial internal controls and operations for the corporation. Strong leadership, communication and strategic skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of healthcare management principles, practices and procedures. Ability to interpret established policies into operating procedures. Ability to coordinate effectively various functions and activities for maximum cooperation and efficiency. Ability to direct, instruct and advise staff. Ability to receive and effectively react to day-to-day problems presented by staff as well as others. Ability to effectively use verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of hospital and healthcare budgeting and financial management. Working knowledge of accounting principles and methods. Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local codes, rules, and regulations, influencing hospital health care fiscal operations. Must be skilled in mathematical and statistical concepts, and have the ability to utilize computer applications related to accounting, budgeting and reimbursement functions. Must have strong organizational skills and capacity to manage complex tasks.
Incumbent may be expected to alternate between sitting, standing and ambulating within and between departments. Could be expected to use hands or fingers to manipulate equipment other than a keyboard. Required to frequently use a keyboard to enter data and generate reports.
Standing, sitting, walking, reasonable good hearing and vision. Must have the ability to climb high places and work in very confined areas.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY: 3
1. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. This includes all procedures or job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or potential spills or splashes of them.
2. Tasks that do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue, but exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate protective measures are readily available to these employees when needed.
3. Tasks that involve NO exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue and Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
DISCLAIMER The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
You can learn more here: https://www.cdphealth.com/Careers/Search-Results/Job-Details.aspx?Job=31