Part-Time Maintenance Technician -Waterloo, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
We have a great Maintenance opportunty in Waterloo, Nebraska offering 12-18 hours per week. Our Maintenance position offers competitive pay and flexible scheduling! If you have previous maintenance, construction, or handyman experience, this is a great opportunity for you!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting the Site Manager in performing all duties and functions required for the efficient operation of their apartment and townhome communities. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of apartment and townhome communities. Additionally, this person is responsible for groundskeeping and cleaning duties as assigned. The Maintenance Technician should be equipped with his/her own tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform maintenance duties, including electrical, plumbing, dry wall, appliance repairs, improvements, and other maintenance duties.
- Perform all maintenance requests correctly and within the allotted time frame
- Provide Property Manager with the initialed completed request with minimal call-backs.
- Monitor apartment and townhome communities to insure that all company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company and tenant satisfaction
- Responsible for painting common areas and units along with necessary staining and cleaning
- Perform inspections with manager and smoke detector inspections
- Implements a preventative maintenance program with the Manager’s involvement and maintains copies in the maintenance room and complex office.
- Repairs and maintains community equipment and the physical structure of the communities he/she is assigned to
- First contact for after-hours maintenance emergencies
- Responsible for care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property.
- Perform sidewalk snow removal for 1” of snow or less.
- Performs groundskeeping duties to include picking up trash and pulling weeds to ensure positive curb appeal in above standard condition.
- Responsible to keep expenses within budget by communicating with the Property Manager to combine all purchase trips, while adhering to set policies for obtaining verifiable receipts.
- Responsible to get prior approval from Regional Manager before calling outside vendor for repairs.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times, on/off property
- Deliver communication documentation to residents as assigned
- Ensure apartments are ready for new move-ins
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner
- Learns and ensures compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions
- Observe given hours
- Provide a high level of service to prospective tenants, tenants, vendors, and coworkers.
- Assist Property Manager in arranging and ensuring all maintenance requests are done correctly and completed in the allotted time frame.
- Observe all company personnel, quality, and safety policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of property management and marked ability to analyze and respond to site problems
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Working knowledge of fair housing regulations
- Working knowledge of electricity and considerable mechanical ability to analyze equipment and their function and repair.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to information and situations
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, sometimes on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Costello Property Management
Real EstateView all jobs at Costello Property Management
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?