CosmosID is a Next-Generation Sequencing provider focused on microbial genomics.
Primary responsibility of this position will be to handle incoming samples for accessioning, organizing, storing, and processing. Processing of samples will include DNA isolation of various sample types, library preparation for Next-Generation Sequencing, and running Next-Generation sequencers.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree with focus on Biology
- Understanding of aseptic technique with focus on pipetting (lab etiquette)
- Sample accessioning, tracking, and storage experience
- Processing samples for nucleic acid isolation utilizing bead beating methods
- Experience in CLIA Laboratory setting
- Experience with library preparation for Next-Generation Sequencing
- Experience with running samples on a Next-Generation sequencer
- Experience with setting up and running laboratory automation equipment
Compensation is market competitive, and based on the experience and the expertise of the selected candidates. Candidate should have a legal work permit to work in the US.