The Cosmos Club, founded in 1878, is a private social club for men and women distinguished in science, literature and the arts or public service. Members come from virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
The Summer Administrative Intern will assist the Administrative Departments including Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technologies, the Library and Membership with daily tasks needed by the department on a particular day.
- Assists with employee and member photo recognition project for the website
- Organize payroll documents into new filing system
- Assists membership with preparing files for digitization to be integrated with NorthStar software
- Helps Librarian process incoming materials and archive books
- Assists Librarian in preparing for Library Committee events, such as Book & Author Dinners & Literary Conversations and Committee meetings
- Assists with record keeping and organization of documents in both the Administrative Office and Human Resources Office
- Assists with any projects that come up due to the renovation in operations
- Interviews and shadows all department heads
- Attends employee and management meetings throughout the summer
- Participates in National Capital Chapter of CMAA intern events
- Helps with miscellaneous tasks as requested by the Administrative team or the Human Resources Coordinator
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.