This position is for Decostar Industries, a division of Magna Exteriors
Magna Exteriors offers a variety of products for the automotive, commercial transportation, consumer and industrial markets. We are an industry leader in molding, painting and assembly, with expertise in developing exterior systems and modules for our customers' global programs.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Human Resources Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
- To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude that exemplifies the principles outlined in The MAGNA Employee's Charter to maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- To follow Decostar policies and display conduct expected of Decostar employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules of Decostar and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To Understand the employee's rights under the OSHA Act, EEOC, FLSA and do not allow for discrimination against any employee exercising their rights.
- Always use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to set good workplace standards and ensure all employees maintain those standards.
- To follow safety rules of Decostar and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace including: training of new employees, reporting unsafe acts or conditions and correcting or commending health and safety performance.
- Ensure that all accidents or injuries are reported immediately and actively participate in the accident investigation and completion of all open action items
- Maintain confidentiality in all dealings
- Confers with managers and supervisors & conducts needs assessments to determine training needs.
- Formulates training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, business systems, or changes in products, procedures, or services.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer based training.
- Provides direction and supervision to Trainers who lead onboarding process.
- Organizes training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Administer a formal training program for the professional development of the management group.
- Schedule and conduct Supervisory/Leadership Training on a regular scheduled basis.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructions and monitor progress of trainees.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements and justify funds requested.
- Coordinates established training courses with technical and professional courses offered by local colleges & universities.
- Work closely with manufacturing management to develop a structured ongoing training program for the manufacturing area to ensure that we maintain continuity and conformity in the training process. Works to be informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the training field.
- Conducts basic skills training for production associates.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts training to meet the standard set forth in the Training Procedure.
- Schedule, implement, coordinate and manage in New Hire Orientation
- Support company initiatives while maintaining good relationships with employees.
- Create and maintain up-to-date employee handbook in accordance with Magna Corporate.
- Conduct Employee Relations Reviews with random employees monthly or more frequently as required.
- Assist in the development of monthly Employee Meeting communications and actively participate in the meetings when required.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions on the LAN for all positions.
- Record/log training hours for all Decostar employees and maintain training files in conjunction with safety for each employee accordingly.
- Keep HR Manager up-to-date on day-to-day issues relating to employee relations, or other areas of the business of Decostar.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering, Education or related Bachelor's degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence behavior through positive dialogue and have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must have IT orientation along with proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English (reading and writing).
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2+ years directly related experience. Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in Human Resources or Training role also desired.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while sitting for up to eight hours a day.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Good vision at a close distance is required.
- Must be capable of performing repetitive motion above and below shoulder height for up to eight hours a day.
- You will receive training to perform your job on an on-going basis concurrent with Decostar business operations. Training areas will include safety, quality, continuous improvement and other job specific training that is determined to be an essential part of your job and Decostar business operations
Division: Decostar Industries Inc.
Job Type: Regular