Louisville Seating is a division of Magna International located in Shepherdsville Kentucky. We are a fast paced automotive manufacture that supplies car seats for Ford.
Quality Engineer that can operate test equipment (i.e. CMM, Optical Comparitor etc). Must be proficient with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Monitor and report Supplier Performance
- Supplier PPAP approval
- Customer PPAP approval
- Coordinate APQP for New Programs and Product changes
- TS-16949 Element champion or Management Representative as required
- QOS team leader or member as required
- Corrective and Preventive Action for Customer, Supplier and Production.
- May be chosen to be the TS-16949 Management Representative
- Ensuring that processes needed for quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
- Reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- TS-16949 Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor as required.
- Development of Control Plan and PFMEA including Receiving Control Plan
- Complies with Quality, Environmental, and Material Management System requirements
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor and/or Working Group Member as required.
- Completes special assignments or projects established in order to achieve "Continuous Quality improvement".
- Monitor outgoing Quality levels through various "Measurables", (SPC, First Run Capability, Daily Defect Report).
- Responsible for conducting capability studies, collecting variable data, input of data in computer software, and able to interpret results.
- Able to interface with all levels of Magna Seating Employees as well as suppliers and the customer.
- Ensure that proper work-instructions exist for : Receiving Inspectors
- Responsible for doing layout inspections as required.
- Must be able to conduct audits at the Suppliers location and internally as required.
- Oversee completion of testing as required.
- Ensure that proper gages and fixtures exist for: Receiving Inspection, ES testing, Inprocess/Final Inspection.
- Will inform Suppliers of defects and request corrective action
- Has the authority to hold Customer/Supplier partnership meeting as required
- Ensures that rejection notices are sent to suppliers and that non-conforming product is returned in a timely manner
- Has authority to reject non-conforming PPAP Packages
- Reject non-conforming product.
- Stop the production process for quality related issues.
- Keep the Quality Manager informed of quality related issues and quality trends.
- To interface with customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Disposition non-conforming material.
Requires a Bachelors degree with a minimum of two years of experience in a Quality related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a Quality Engineer role.
Minimum of two years of experience in a Quality related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a Quality Engineer role. Must be able to operate test equipment (i.e. CMM, Optical Comparitor etc). Must be proficient with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
Skills and Competencies
Superior verbal, written and presentation skills are required. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, management, employees, and corporate personnel
Fast pace automotive manufacture that runs 7 days a week.
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Louisville Seating Systems
Job Type: Regular