Software Developer, Junior
- Posted: over a month ago
Corvid Technologies is seeking junior software developers to join our Missile Defense Group (MDG) in Huntsville, AL. Come join the MDG supporting a variety of government agencies, such as the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Navy Missile Defense, and Air Force Space Command. The MDG performs cutting edge modeling and simulation, testing, and system analysis to ensure protection of the United States and military assets from missile threats.
Corvid’s software developers implement advanced computational algorithms, such as machine learning, to improve weapon system performance. Our software development team works alongside software architects, analysts, and scientists to ensure optimal execution of code to meet customer requirements. We develop internal software to support analysis tasks as well as large code-bases maintained by Department of Defense (DoD) prime contractors.
The Missile Defense Group supports a variety of modeling and simulation efforts within the Missile Defense Agency including missile intercept modeling using first-principle physics codes, aerodynamic modeling of missiles and debris, development of finite element models, modeling of missile defense radars, modeling of missile defense interceptor seekers, and analysis of sensor data (RF and EO/IR). The group provides diverse research opportunities and a creative work environment within a small group. The Corvid team offers access to cutting edge computational technologies and resources.
Education and Technical Skill Required
- The entry-level software developer requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Candidates must have some experience utilizing C++ and Java for objective-oriented programming
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks, such as React and Angular is preferred
- Candidates should be familiar with configuration management software such as Jira
- Candidates should be familiar with source control software such as git and GitLab
- Candidates with experience developing under an agile framework are preferred
- A strong background in science and math, especially physics is desired
US Citizenship and the ability to hold a US Security Clearance is REQUIRED. NON-US Citizens cannot be considered.
- Enhancing existing software tools
- Implementing test procedures to increase code quality
- Understanding DevSecOps processes
- Working with containerized services in a distributed environment
Corvid Technologies is an engineering firm based in Mooresville, NC. We specialize in high-fidelity, computational modeling and simulation. The firm is comprised of over 200 engineers and scientists, two-thirds of which have advanced degrees. Corvid offers a fast-paced and flexible work environment.
Corvid offers a competitive benefits package comprised of BCBS healthcare, dental, 5.5% 401k match, gym membership, paid leave, and paid holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Corvid Technologies LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Corvid Technologies LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?