Mechanical Engineer - FEA Support
- Posted: over a month ago
Corvid Technologies seeks qualified candidates to join the Structural Mechanics Applications Group. Positions are available for entry-level and experienced researchers. The Structural Mechanics Applications Group supports a variety of government programs investigating dynamic phenomena including hypervelocity penetration, reactive material physics, material characterization, and weapon system evaluation.
Entry-level applicants should have an excellent graduate academic record in physics, mechanical engineering, or material science with computer modeling and simulation interests. However, experience in related fields can replace or complement advanced degrees.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Master’s or PhD degree
- Experience in material science and numerical methods
- A fundamental knowledge of structural dynamics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A familiarity with Linux (this is required for an advanced position, but recommended for entry level)
- Knowledge of numerical methods and finite element analysis
- Working knowledge of CAD and numerical grid generation techniques and applications
- Experience with scripting and language capabilities (i.e. Python)
- Numerical model development, failure analysis, structural integrity analysis, damage analysis, data reduction, data plotting, and data visualization
- Synthesizing results to present to customers
Location: Mooresville, NC
Corvid Technologies is an engineering firm based in Mooresville, NC. We specialize in high-fidelity, computational modeling and simulation. The firm is comprised of over 140 engineers and scientists, two-thirds of which have advanced degrees. Corvid offers a fast-paced and independent work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Corvid Technologies LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Corvid Technologies LLC