Facility Security Officer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
As digital transformation continues to impact global industries, Corvid Technologies, in partnership with Lyn Aerospace, is looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to support our Santa Maria, CA office. The candidate will split time between both companies. Our growing customer base includes the Department of Defense, NASCAR, the Olympic teams, and several universities.
- Assist the Corporate Facility Security Officer (FSO) with daily implementation and execution of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Administration of security procedures for classified materials, documents, and equipment in accordance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Assist employees with the completion of security clearance paperwork
- Conduct security indoctrinations, annual refresher briefings, and debriefings of personnel
- Develop/prepare and/or modify, as necessary, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans, etc.
- Ensure adherence to the provisions of the NISPOM
- Review articles and documents for appropriate classification markings
- Maintain Document Control and Media Control inventory and database
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and approvals for compliance with regulations
- Maintain a visitor control program- Manage and track visit certifications to and from the facility
- Maintain reproduction and destruction capabilities of classified and/or proprietary materials
- Initiates security clearance requests, maintains records both hard copy and/or electronic, safeguards and ensures appropriate data is logged within the approved automated systems.
- Conduct security briefings on the following topics, when necessary: foreign travel, courier policies, SOP training
- Participate in security inspections and be able to compare procedures and/or regulations with actual operations in order to document findings and recommend corrective action
- Conduct annual security self-inspections, track corrective actions and communicate any deviations/findings with the sponsoring government agency
- Investigate security infractions/violations, prepare reports and recommend corrective action to be taken
- Respond to alarms and other emergencies to include after normal business hours and/or nights/weekends
- Maintain and safeguard all personnel files and employee PII
- Maintain random entry/exit inspection and IDS testing logs
- Implementation of COMSEC procedures and requirements
- Provide weekly status reports to the corporate FSO
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to hold a US Security Clearance is REQUIRED. NON-US Citizens cannot be considered
- At least 2 years of Industrial Security experience
- Active final Secret security clearance (final Top Secret security clearance preferred)
- Understanding of NISPOM
- Knowledge of DOD tools (e.g. DISS, eQIP, Access Commander and NISS)
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Paid gym membership
- Flexible schedules
- Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k match up to 6%
- Three weeks starting PTO; increasing with tenure
- Continued education and training opportunities
- Uncapped incentive opportunities
Corvid Technologies is an engineering firm based in Mooresville, NC. We specialize in high-fidelity, computational modeling and simulation. The firm is comprised of over 300 engineers and scientists, two-thirds of which have advanced degrees. Corvid offers a fast-paced and flexible work environment.
Corvid TechnologiesSanta Maria, CA
Real EstateView All Corvid Technologies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.