Proofreader & Copyeditor
Corvee Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Copy Editor and Proofreader at Corvee, you will ensure our tax software product and marketing language is accurate and easily understandable. You will execute day to day proofreading and copyediting tasks as outlined below. This role will work closely with both the marketing and product management teams, and will report to the Director of Content Marketing and Strategy. If you've got a sharp eye for the slightest detail being off, and are able to translate complex language into easily digestible content along with fantastic time & project management skills, then this role is for you!
In this role, you'll be expected to:
- Proofread/ copy edit all language inside our tax software products including tax planning strategy write ups, tax form language, descriptions, references, etc. (You will not be responsible for checking the accuracy of the tax statements, just that they are proofread and easily understandable).
- Proofread/ copy edit all marketing language including web pages, blogs, case studies, video scripts, sales sheets, ebooks, white papers, press releases, bylined articles, emails, social media posts, etc.
- Check for and correct (in conjunction with the tax & product team) any language that is not easily understood by the average consumer.
- Check for and correct errors in grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation.
- Check for technical consistency in spelling, capitalization, numerals, hyphenation and more to adhere to writing style norms.
- Check for inconsistencies in the "story"
- Ensure all hyperlinks link to where they should be
- Provide writing feedback to product, tax and marketing teams to make processes more efficient for all involved.
- Relevant experience and comparable past performance at a fast-paced SaaS company.
- Required proficiency in basic copy editing on a Wordpress website, Mac operating systems, Google Suite, Slack and Zoom.
- Experience translating complex scenarios into easily understandable language.
- Self-directed, fast-paced, hardworking with a can-do attitude who can thrive in a remote work environment.
- Hyper-organized perfectionist and a stickler for details.
- Avid reader who loves consuming new information.
- Must have a passionate opinion on the Oxford comma.
- We prefer candidates who DO NOT have tax industry knowledge.
Why You'll Love Us
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Generous PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Company equity
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Who We Are
Corvee's mission is to disrupt the tax industry by empowering smarter tax decisions - one customer at a time. Our vision is to support every tax filing in the world.
We measure our success based on the success of our clients, usually by an increase in their firm's revenue and net profit over time, and constantly seek ways to provide them more value through software, coaching programs and partnerships. However, our clients are only successful with our greatest strategy of all: our team!
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Corvee