Senior Technical Advisor - Nutrition
- Posted: over a month ago
About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
What you'll do: The Technical Advisor for Nutrition is a member of the Health and Nutrition Quality Impact and Learning Team within the Program Strategy & Technical Excellence (PSTE) Department. The Technical Advisor for Nutrition provides technical assistance and oversight to projects to ensure quality of nutrition programming, provides technical input to programs and new business development through TDY support, and contributes to departmental, regional, and corporate strategies. The individual must have a strong working knowledge of USAID, and other high priority donor technical strategies, priorities, policies, and guidelines. The success of this role is measured by the following:
- Advances Corus International's nutrition technical capacity and programming, including in emergency contexts.
- Increases Corus International's visibility and leadership in nutrition programming.
- Grows Corus International's nutrition portfolio.
- Ensures timely support of implementation of planned nutrition funded activities.
- Provides Humanitarian and Rural Economies and Agricultural Livelihoods teams to design and implement nutrition in emergencies and agriculture sensitive nutrition programs.
Location: Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and fully remote worldwide.
About The Ideal Candidate: The competencies required to be successful in this position include a high level of theoretical and practical understanding of global nutrition and public health practice areas, including nutrition in food security programming and in emergency contexts; demonstrated technical knowledge of the state of the art for global public health nutrition; the ability to lead the technical approach for nutrition for new business; and demonstrated professional stature in nutrition; ability to represent the organization in technical working groups and other public health forums; and demonstrated ability to conduct nutrition research and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Advanced degree such as a Master's degree or PhD in nutrition, or Public Health, with an emphasis on nutrition
- At least seven (7) years of nutrition specific experience in designing, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of nutrition strategies and materials as well as related training.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful international health proposal design and development.
- Strong working knowledge of USG and other international donor funding mechanisms (including grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements) required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical and program implementation problems in a timely and successful manner.
- Demonstrated expertise developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, conducting high quality field-based nutrition research, ability to analyze data, identify successful approaches and tools and modify program implementation to optimize program performance and achievement of goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the literature for global nutrition and ability to contribute to the evidence base through innovation and peer-reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated versatility and integrity as well as leadership, mentorship, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and French languages.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple streams of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with a multi-cultural team.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- At least three years' experience in international health programming, including in fragile settings.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Corus International