Program Manager (Latin America)
- Posted: January 13, 2023
Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at:
What you'll do: As part of the Latin America team at Corus International, the LAC Program Manager oversees a diverse portfolio of agriculture, youth, and health-based projects. He/she will be part of a regional team that works to ensure compliance with private, foundation, and federally funded projects. They will also play a key role in providing guidance to in-country teams and partners.
Location: US Based Candidates: Washington, DC Area/Baltimore, Maryland.
International Candidates: Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Peru.
About The Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate is skilled at prioritizing and managing project tasks. S/he will communicate effectively (English/Spanish) with US based project support, in-country program, and project teams and provide guidance to the in-country teams and partners as well as share critical updates with the LAC Regional Team. Will have acute analytical skills to manage a $500K-$1M project portfolio in accordance with donor requirements and deliverables. The LAC Program Manager will have a demonstrated track record of working to reduce poverty reduction and/or promoting cross-cutting issues including youth development, technology for development, gender equality, equality for indigenous populations and disenfranchised minorities.
Most importantly, we seek a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented individual that will complement the LAC team.
- Five years' experience working in program administration required.
- Experience with an international development or humanitarian agency working on issues of poverty reduction, local economic development, community development highly preferred.
- Experience living, working, or studying in the Latin America region required.
- Demonstrated interest in economic and social issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, particularly for the specific countries where Corus International works (Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing.
- Professional fluency in Spanish required.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity required; experience living and/or working in developing countries preferred.
- Experience working with colleagues in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment.
- Experience working with US-based and international partners (NGO/FBO/CBOs, universities, and other technical institutions).
- Proficiency in Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead the coordination of/collaborate on program implementation across multiple teams (between departments, between HQ and country offices).
NOTE: For more information about this job, please download the attached job description.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, a generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and more!
Call to action: Apply now!
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
BusinessView all jobs at Corus International
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?