Cortica Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Cortica is looking for a Pediatric Neurologist to join our growing team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering a unique, multi-specialty approach to the treatment of pediatric neurodevelopmental differences. We serve a variety of patient populations including individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays, sensory processing disorder, articulation challenges, ADHD, anxiety, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, learning disorders, and more. Our care model, driven by insights and technologies from emerging neuroscience, brings together clinicians from a range of disciplines to design and deliver comprehensive care to children. Because the heart of Cortica's mission is direct patient care, the skill and compassion of our staff are crucial to achieving extraordinary experiences and outcomes for the families we serve.
We believe a great culture attracts great people. We also believe that great culture and great people working together can change the world. Our hopes and dreams are bold and ambitious. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member in every role is instrumental in bringing our mission and vision to life.
Cortica is an equal opportunity employer. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions including but not limited to hiring are made based on an individual's qualifications and ability to successfully execute the job responsibilities.
Our medical centers are high-energy, collaborative environments full of professionals who are passionate about serving this unique population. Cortica's clinical team is led by Dr. Suzanne Goh, a behavioral pediatric neurologist, neuroscience researcher, and author, who has trained and held leadership roles at top institutions including Harvard, Columbia, and UCSF. Our clinical services span:
- Pediatric Neurology (including metabolism and genetics)
- Functional Medicine & Nutrition
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Family Counseling
- Behavior Intervention (ABA and Developmentally-based models)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Neuromodulation Therapies (Transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)
Approximately 90% of our patient population has a diagnosis of autism. Other diagnoses include cerebral palsy, intellectual disability, global developmental delay, inborn errors of metabolism, traumatic brain injury, stroke, epilepsy, tic disorder, ADHD, sensory processing disorder, OCD, and anxiety.What's your role?
We are seeking a full-time physician to join our team. First and foremost, this job is about being an extraordinary physician. Compassion for this unique population and a dedication to upholding the highest standard of medical care is essential. Central to this role is the ability to collaborate with colleagues across a range of specialties and to provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team. The role also includes opportunities to create novel approaches and platforms for integrative care.
For physicians who are keen to grow in administrative and executive roles, the position offers significant opportunities to work closely with an elite administrative team that includes healthcare executives that have a track record of success in starting and growing companies in diverse healthcare industries. The role also provides physicians with the opportunity to broaden their clinical knowledge across disciplines through collaboration with master practitioners across sensorimotor, communication, and behavior therapies. As our research program grows, physicians will have the opportunity to participate in designing and carrying out research protocols and publishing study results.
This is a full-time role only. We welcome applications from physicians at all levels of experience, including new graduates from residency programs.What qualifications are needed?Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Medical Doctor from an accredited medical school
- Board-certified or Board-Eligible in Child or Adult Neurology, Pediatrics, Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, or other related specialty
- California medical license (or the ability to obtain one before the start date)
- Passion for providing exceptional patient care and for using patient feedback to improve clinic operations
- Commitment to training the clinical team as the medical center grows
Desired qualities and interests include:
- Interest in nutrition and integrative medicine
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to be fully engaged in the creation of new models of care
- Interest in technology and how technology can be employed to improve clinical outcomes
- Interest in medical humanities and the role of social/cultural influences on medical practice
HealthcareView all jobs at Cortica