Lead Behavioral Interventionist Trainer
- Expired: September 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cortica is looking for a Lead Behavior Interventionist Trainer to join our growing team! In this role, you will provide direct behavior therapy services to individuals with autism and work as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team. This role presents an exciting opportunity to advance within an innovative, growing healthcare company.
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care - one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission.
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual's qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Complete Cortica's orientation and maintain Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) or Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification.
- Provide direct implementation of behavior-analytic services to children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental differences in both 1:1 and group settings for (up to) 15 billable hours per week.
- Implement positive behavior strategies as developed and analyzed with the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Implement strategies with children including antecedent and consequence (reinforcement) strategies, based on developed treatment plans and strategies with their BCBA.
- Work in the home, community, school, clinic or other designated settings with children and their families providing direct behavior-analytic care as determined in the child's assessment and treatment plan.
- Fulfill all documentation requirements including the use of data collection of strategies and goals, completion of session notes during the session.
- Assist with individualized assessment procedures through preference assessments and data collection.
- Work with families and supervisor to establish an environment supportive of treatment and education across all settings of care.
- Acts as a role-model and mentor to other Behavior Interventionists by modeling behavior-analytic services during orientation and training of new Behavior Interventionists during session observations.
- Supports orientation and training of new Behavior Interventionists by assisting in trainings and presentations.
- Assists Learning & Development team in supporting new Behavior Interventionists in obtaining their credential
- Follow Cortica crisis and emergency procedures, including de-escalation strategies, first aid strategies, and mandated reporting. May also assist in delivery of trainings based on need.
- Serves as a representative of the Cortica ABA program, demonstrating professionalism with all families and colleagues in written and spoken communication as well as professional dress and demeanor.
- In this role you are required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 2 years of experience working with children/teens/adults in the delivery of ABA services
- You ideally possess a bachelor's degree in a human service (or related) field; candidates with relevant work experience in lieu of bachelor's degree will be considered; students enrolled in undergraduate studies will also be considered.
- Have worked with Cortica for at least 1 year and completed 520 hours of direct therapy work.
- You are currently a Registered Behavior Technician or Board Certified Autism Technician
- You are available to work Monday-Friday 8 am- 7 pm (start and end times are dependent on training needs and do not exceed more than 8 hours a day).
- For centers where there is not a Learning and Development Specialist, the LEAD BI Trainer will deliver approximately 10 billable hours in ABA services (1-1) and up to 25 hours of training/administrative duties
- For centers where is a Learning & Development Specialist, the LEAD BI Trainer will deliver approximately 15 billable hours in ABA services (1-1) and up to 15-20 hours of training/administrative duties.
- You possess a valid California Driver's license and reliable transportation.
- You are skilled at using software and systems including electronic medical record systems and Microsoft Office products.
- You preferably have knowledge of HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient information.
Benefits you deserve:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. We also provide a terrific benefits package. Full-time employees enjoy a variety of company subsidized medical and dental insurance options, 401K with company match and rapid vesting, Personal Time Off that increases based on tenure, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional development, employee referral bonus awards, and more. Part-time employees who average between 26 and 29 hours during are eligible for sick time as well as medical, dental and vision benefits, in accordance with company policies, the employee handbook, and benefit plan provisions.
HealthcareView all jobs at Cortica
Get fresh Lead Trainer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.