Technical Account Manager
Cortex Building Intelligence New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Technical Account Manager
The Cortex Customer Success team works directly with our customers to define outcomes and deliver value through adoption of our smart building analytics product. We are growing rapidly and looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) with a customer-first mentality that understands the value of cultivating relationships with our customers in order to drive business outcomes. You will engage with key decision-makers to drive product adoption and customer retention. You will work closely with our Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to manage the customer relationship and will support clients with our product's technical aspects. Experience in engineering, property management, commercial buildings, and/or commercial real estate property tech is highly desirable.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to Cortex customers post-sale through strong relationships, expert product knowledge, and ensure customer success.
- Communicate with Chief Engineers, Facility Managers, Controls Vendors, and 3rd Party Engineering Firms to identify savings opportunities and ensure successful product adoption
- Drive product adoption by engaging directly with customers and highlighting opportunities to leverage our product features to solve technical challenges.
- Coordinate and manage integration to building management systems (BMS), utility meters, and collecting utility billing data from customers.
- Provide reporting to key-decision makers that highlights the value of our product.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, business or related field with 3+ years of relevant customer-facing experience managing multiple accounts.
- Good technical expertise and product knowledge; training available
- Experience in technical support and sales is a plus.
- Experience with a SaaS model business or high-growth startup is a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to travel locally and regionally to meet with current customers on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Broad knowledge in the commercial office, property management, and/or facility management space.
- Ability to work closely with our Product team to understand customer needs and how to deliver exceptional value.
- Willing to become an expert with our product and work with customers to drive key objectives and business goals.
- Self-starter that's well-organized and thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- You're honest and trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example.
- You are a compassionate cross-team collaborator; you believe that in driving great outcomes with others, 1+1=3.
- You love to learn, teach, and share your experience to drive higher engagement with teammates and customers.
Cortex sits at the intersection of two major transformations underway today, PropTech and ClimateTech. Real estate is the single largest asset class in the world, with over $280T in global real estate assets. It's an industry relatively untouched by software and AI up to this point, which is ripe for disruption. Real estate is also the single largest contributor to carbon emissions, with buildings and construction generating nearly 40% of global carbon emissions. As the wave of sustainability incentives and requirements sweep across the US and the world, buildings are going to be right in the middle of that, and it's happening now. In NYC, buildings now have to reduce their energy use by 80% by 2050, and President Biden recently committed to cutting US emissions in half by 2030. Applying Cortex's decarbonization technology to the total U.S. commercial real estate market would achieve 20% of all the decarbonization needed to meet the goals of the Biden 10-Year Plan for Climate Change.
Cortex is positioned to be a leader in this transformation by fundamentally changing how buildings operate by applying software and analytics to highly underutilized data streams. By building the application layer overtop these disparate data streams, we are fundamentally improving the sustainability of commercial buildings, the value of those assets, and the experience of occupants inside them. Our clients save on average 5x Cortex fees, and we contractually guarantee those savings to be at least 2x our fees. Last year, we helped our clients save over 85 GWh of electricity, which is the equivalent of taking over 13,000 cars off the road. Unlike our competitors, we require no new sensors, no equipment upgrades, and no upfront implementation cost. Instead, our proprietary IP quickly and inexpensively extracts data from existing building systems to deliver a pure software and analytics solution that delivers immediate guaranteed savings. No other company can provide this.
Cortex recently closed its Series A (article here) and is growing its team in Nashville, D.C., and New York offices.
Cortex Building Intelligence
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Cortex Building Intelligence