Volunteer Coordinator - Hospice
Part Time - Flexible Schedule
Michigan Premier Hospice, a CorsoCare Company
The Hospice Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the development and administration of the hospice volunteer program. Supervises all aspects of volunteer services. *Develops and implements programs for recruitment, interviewing, training, retention, and orientation of volunteers. In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Required Experience for Hospice Volunteer Coordinator:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or related field preferred.
- 1-year experience working with families or groups and coordinating community volunteers preferred.
- Basic office skills, with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a supportive approach to volunteer and client/family needs.
- Supportive approach to volunteer and client/family needs.
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care
- Hospice experience preferred
- Must possess and understanding of Medicare Conditions of Participation for Hospice as they relate to Hospice Volunteer program
- Must be able to work independently, have strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience with EMR
Accountability for Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
- Valid drivers license, Car insurance, registration in state of Mi
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for extraordinary events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Must participate in the hospice support staff on call rotation
- Additional duties as assigned
Navigating the Path of HealthCare
CorsoCare provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials