Clinical Manager – Registered Nurse - Hospice
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Michigan Premier Hospice, a CorsoCare Company
Unique Opportunity to Grow With Us!
Required Experience for Clinical Manager / Registered Nurse:
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Registered Nurse with at least 4 years’ experience in Hospice Home care
- At least 3 years’ experience in Hospice leadership in a similar role
- CPR certification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Avid team player
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude which promotes team and optimal performance.
Accountabilities Clinical Manager
- Review all Medicare and other episodic payers’ clinical records at the local level to assure appropriate documentation for reimbursement. This review includes verification of appropriate documentation, quality of care provided, visits utilization, appropriate contacts with physicians, adherence to the care plan, and evidence of communication between disciplines.
- Oversee the maintenance of clinical records and files to comply with Conditions of Participation (COPs), using measurements, as licensure, certification, and accreditation results.
- Audit charts for clinical oversight and compliance and adherence to the Medicare guidelines.
- Manage clinical activities, including patient assessments, care plan development, service level determination, on-site field visits, and the implementation/coordination/maintenance/evaluation of care plans.
- Be responsible for direct supervision of clinical staff. Participate in the recruitment, interviewing, selection, and orientation of team members; evaluate their performance relative to job goals/requirements; coach staff and recommends in-service education programs and ensure adherence to internal policies/standards. Manage the assignment of clinical associates.
- Discuss operational issues, update staff on new/changed regulations and review records/documentation to ensure regulatory and in-house compliance.
- Be accountable for financial responsibility related to budget goals through utilization, documentation, providing appropriate and accurate patient care, case mix weight, and appropriate utilization of delivery of patient care. Participate in short and long-term planning of agency’s goals for growth and strategic development.
- Conduct and/or delegate the assessment and reassessment of patients, including updating of care plans and interpreting patient needs (including frequencies), while adhering to Agency, physician, and/or health facility procedures/policies.
- Coordinate communication between team members/attending physicians/caregivers to ensure the appropriateness of care and outcome planning and ensures compliance through review of documentation and care coordination activities.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, maintain ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provide interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff.
- Identify clinical problem areas and documents deficiency trends in a proactive approach.
- Educate administrative and clinical associate staff in the correction of these deficiencies.
- Assist with quality improvement and Medicare compliance training program. Utilize MPH/CorsoCare approved reference materials to resolve inadequacies.
- Review HIS documents for accuracy and completeness prior to locking and submitting data, electronically. Explain and mentor clinicians and staff on COP’s.
- Educate and mentor clinicians one on one (in person or over the phone) regarding concerns, questions, accuracy of charting, and other related documents, that are being reviewed.
- Facilitate the ICD-10 coding of the Plan of Treatment based on admission data and patient assessment documentation.
- Assures adherence to privacy and security standards provided by all federal, state, and local authorities of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) and other applicable laws.
- Oversees referral and admission process to ensure a smooth transition for new patients and families, and that communication to the referring provider is complete and timely.
- Oversees QAPI program for improved patient outcomes and/or overall patient and family satisfaction ratings.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a timely, measurable and objective manner. Communicates this information to the Administrator. Oversees the annual skills competency assessments of all clinical staff, either directly, or by delegation of peer.
- Ensures staff are scheduled to ensure proper coverage within authorized staffing metrics levels.
- Directs, coordinates patient billing, accounts receivable functions and reporting systems.
- Advises Administrator as to basis for contracting health services and providers that are needed to deliver adequate services to the agency’s patients and families.
- Represents Agency in comprehensive and/or health care groups at the local and regional levels.
- Prepares periodic reports as requested by the Agency Administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Agency Administrator.
- The Clinical Manager, in concert with the hospice Medical Director, makes all final intake decisions and report them back to the clinical management team of the parent.
- Brings SNF or other facility care plan requests to administrator and/or compliance team when it is felt they may be inappropriate.
- When necessary, reaches out to the parent, regarding staffing needs, or to coordinate services provided by the Parent location. Communicates weekly with the hospice clinical manager, to review patient care and discuss any concerns that either individual may have.
- Communicates with the hospice Administrator weekly to review Branch operations, including any patient care concerns identified through ongoing audits.
- Travels to the Parent location to participate in meetings and other functions.
Navigating the Path of HealthCare
CorsoCare provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials