Corrosion Technician (All Levels)
- Posted: over a month ago
To apply, simply TEXT corrpro to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will connect you with our hiring team today.
Hiring Corrosion Technicians Immediately in Farmington, NM!
$3,750 Sign-On Bonus Opportunity! All new employees who meet the criteria outlined in our sign-on bonus program will be eligible for the full bonus payout.
The starting pay is based on experience and technician level.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us:
· Competitive pay
· Full health insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
· 401(k) with match
· Tuition assistance
· Paid time off and overtime pay
· Career growth opportunities
Our Corrosion Technicians I and II plan and perform duties involved with the testing, evaluation, and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures while working with objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications. This position reports to the Field Services Manager.
While our Senior Corrosion Technicians work with specific objectives on customer drawings and specifications, collaborates with engineers to analyze the requirements and design of appropriate corrosion control measures, and monitors construction activities for adherence to design specifications. The Technician also provides maintenance of field test equipment to ensure good operating condition and render minor repairs.
Corrpro is proud to be at the forefront of cathodic protection engineering, offering total corrosion solutions to the oil & gas, petrochemical, municipal, and marine markets for more than 40 years. Our passionate experts provide the highest quality materials, the most cost-effective services, and are dedicated to the preservation of energy resources, the environment, and the integrity of the world's infrastructure. Join our team at Corrpro and take the next step in your career with a company that values, develops, and empowers its employees!
What You'll Do:
· Conduct various specific test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
· Organize/reduce data and prepare charts and tables
· Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
· Sketch rectifiers, anodes, test stations, and other design features on prepared drawings
· Assist senior staff in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports
· Sketch physical features of installation site for subsequent detail
· Assemble data for preparation of final client reports including service recommendations
· Diagnose and recommend remedies for system difficulties observed during resurvey operations
· Apply basic skills learned as Corrosion Tech I with increasing independence
· Maintain field test equipment, ensuring good operating condition and rendering minor repairs
What We Need from You:
· OSHA classes
· Strong team, internal customer service skills, and problem-solving skills required
· Able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to travel overnight to customer sites during the week, as well as for a few weeks at a time when needed; travel by automobile and airplane required
· Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, perform arithmetic calculations, apply basic math concepts, solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to drive, stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, push, pull, reach, twist, type on a computer, and lift up to 50 pounds
· Comfortable working outside in weather conditions near job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations, occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and moderate noise levels
What We Need from You at I:
· 0 to 1 years of cathodic protection system testing and troubleshooting experience
· NACE CP Tester Certification preferred
What We Need from You at II:
· NACE CP Tester Certification required
· NACE CP Technician preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of cathodic protection system testing and troubleshooting experience required
What We Need from You at Senior:
· Associate's degree preferred
· NACE CP Technician or Technologist Certification
· 5 years' cathodic protection testing and troubleshooting experience
· Experience managing projects with direct client interaction required
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Corrpro Companies, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Corrpro Companies, Inc.