DMS Management Solutions provides Accounting, Finance, Payroll, Bookkeeping and Human Resource services and solutions for small business owners. Our expertise is to assist a business owner with accounting tasks, while also working within the framework of the outside CPA Firm. We often become a trusted business advisor to the owners, and can be involved in nearly all aspects of the client business. We have a team approach to client service, but each firm has a specific Accounting Manager responsible for processing and meeting all deadlines. We are the recipient of a CWRU Weatherhead 100 award in 2016 and 2017.
DMS is growing, and has a need for a new Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper position. The desired candidate will assist in bookkeeping activities for selected clients and also assist with our internal accounting. Work will be done at client sites, or at our office, or remotely from home. This position may work directly with our clients, or work in conjunction with the Accounting Manager assigned to assist that client. The qualified candidate MUST enjoy working across a variety of assignments and appreciate the satisfaction of assisting multiple business owners and their companies.
*Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general bookkeeping, weekly/monthly/quarterly payroll and bank reconciliations primarily utilizing QuickBooks software. Other software programs that a client uses may also need to be learned.
- Enter journal entries and reconcile General Ledger accounts for clients and internally, using accrual basis accounting methodology.
- Prepare bank deposits, wire transfers and ACH activity.
- Assist in client billing preparation and collection activities, as needed.
- A/R, A/P activities.
The candidate may also assist in marketing to prospective new clients and excellent communication skills are desired. Exceptional client satisfaction is the standard at DMS and must be maintained and enhanced by this key position.
- BS or BBA in Accounting is preferred, an Associate's degree is acceptable.
- Five or more years of experience is required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products is an absolute requirement.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible working environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.