CorrHealth is looking to identify a passionate HSA/RN to oversee our medical staff at Valencia County Detention Center in Los Lunas, New Mexico!
The Health Services Administrator functions as the department head for the medical unit departments at local correctional institutions. They are responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the delivery of healthcare. Included in this is responsibility for budgetary and fiscal matters, patient care, laboratory and pharmacy operations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises health services staff, to include nursing, dental, medical records and mental health employees.
- Manages the CorrHealth contract according to the agreed-upon terms and conditions of the contract. Responsible for maintaining revenue goals and controlling all expenses to ensure profit goal is achieved for the assigned facility. May assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manages the health services program based on CorrHealth goals and objectives and the terms of the contract. Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and medical information in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Plans and presents new hire orientation and in-service continuing education programs. May assist in presentations at other CorrHealth correctional facilities. The orientation program must meet facility requirements and any accreditation requirements.
- Assures quality standards are met for all medical and dental services administered by the CorrHealth team. Ensures appropriate licensure and certification is maintained on all medical and dental professionals.
- Ensures the CorrHealth program at the facility is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local (if applicable) health care standards for correctional facilities (ACA and NCCHC if applicable).
- Responsible for client relations on a day-to-day basis with detention center management and staff.
- Maintains frequent communications with both internal team members and management and assigned correctional facility staff and inmate patients. Holds monthly meetings with correctional facility administrators and CorrHealth Director of Operations to review and evaluate monthly reports, needs, addresses any complaints and results.
- Maintains awareness of security and safety regulations and procedures at all times and trains all team members in proper security and safety practices. Participates in environmental inspection of the medical unit to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
- Provides clear, positive and constructive communications (both written and verbal) to all members of the CorrHealth team and all correctional facility contacts, including detention staff and patients.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be on call at all times to respond to staffing or administrative situations within the correctional facility and be able to report up to the Director of Operations or CorrHealth staff as needed.
- Oversees the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Infection Control programs.
- Oversees the Utilization Management program at the facility.
- May administer prescribed treatment and medication to inmate patients as needed and medically required, in the absence of nursing team. Monitors the use of pharmaceutical services.
- Capable of giving CPR/AED instructions and able to take charge in a CPR emergency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience. Experience must have been progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field. This work may have been performed in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with advisory or directional authority over such facilities.
- Applicants must also possess management ability to delegate authority, evaluate and oversee people and programs, and recognize and adapt to changing priorities; and knowledge of the interrelationships and interdependencies among various medical and administrative services and programs.
- Must achieve/maintain CPR/AED Certification.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management or Health Services Administration is preferred.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test (as applicable)
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc. for this position.
Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Frequent walking throughout site
- Walking up and down flights of stairs
- Pushing or pulling carts
- Routinely lifting objects less than 20 pounds
- May lift up to 50 pounds periodically, but not every day
- Bending/stooping/reaching/climbing and/or crawling
- Speech recognition – the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person
- Speech clarity – the ability to speak clearly so that others can understand you
- Vision – the ability to see details at close range
- Written comprehension – the ability to read and understand information and ideas that are presented in writing
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies
Working Conditions: Work is performed inside a correctional facility.
Employee must comply with all current and future State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations, court orders, Administrative Directives and standards and policies and procedures of the site at where assigned, including those of professional organizations such as ACA, NCCHC, etc.
Job Type: Full-time