Senior Tax Associate Public Accounting
Recruiting and staffing of this position is being handled by Corps Team on behalf of our client. This position is a full time, direct hire Senior Tax Associate position with our client who is a well-respected, boutique public accounting firm offering interesting work along with an excellent quality of life. Candidates must be able to work full time on site in Fairfax, VA.
The successful candidate will have 2-5 years of tax compliance experience with a public accounting firm, with a focus on private client services, high-net-worth individuals, or global employer services. Primary responsibilities include:
Preparation and review of federal and state tax returns for U.S. residents, expatriates, and foreign nationals with diverse financial interests
- Serving as primary point of contact for clients and managing client relationships
- Assisting with the preparation of IRS Streamlined and Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) filings for clients disclosing foreign assets through IRS amnesty programs
- Monitoring budgets and profitability
- Providing training and feedback to junior staff
- Driving and participating in strategic initiatives
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, 2+ years of tax work are required. CPA is strongly preferred.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-7 years of public accounting experience required. Experience as tax associate in a public accounting firm is a minimum requirement to be considered for this position.
- 2+ years of tax compliance experience with a public accounting firm, with a focus on private client services, high-net-worth individuals, or global employer services.
- International, global mobility and/or expatriate experience highly desired.
- CPA a plus.
- Candidates must be available for busy season hours during March and April.
- Strong knowledge of public accounting practices and procedures required.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties).