Senior Accountant Public Accounting Experience Required
Corps Team is seeking a Senior Accountant for a full-time position in Alexandria, VA. Recruiting and staffing of this position is being handled by Corps Team on behalf of our client. Candidates must be local to the Washington, D.C. metro area and able to work full time onsite in Alexandria, VA.
The successful candidate will come into the position with 3-4 years of experience in a mid-large size public accounting firm in either tax or audit and is looking for a change to in house corporate accounting.
- Perform daily and month end accounting for all accounts related to the firm’s foreign entities.
- Post journal entries, update sub-ledgers and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Process and coordinate payroll for international entities with local country payroll services.
- Ensure compliance work is timely and accurately handled based on local country regulations.
- Review monthly variances for international accounts and provide explanations, as necessary.
- Assist in the audit process for each international country, working with outside auditors to ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Research impact of new and modified accounting rules on the firm’s foreign operations, including differences between US and local country GAAP.
- Work with other team members to complete various service engagements, as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc reports and insights, as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-7 years of experience in accounting. Prior public accounting experience is required. Candidates without public accounting experience will not be considered for this position.
- CPA or CPA Candidate, a plus.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and research skills (familiarity with accounting for non-US entities and subscription products is a plus).
- Strong experience with Excel required.
- Strong experience with a major accounting software package required. Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties).
- Ability to work full time hours during normal business hours in Alexandria, VA.