Our client, a commercial real estate investment company is hiring a bookkeeper/administrative assistant to handle day-to-day accounting and administrative office tasks. The current bookkeeper will remain with the company until mid-year and they will on-board a very part-time (project-based) contract bookkeeper/administrative assistant in the upcoming weeks to begin training to take over the role in May/June.
Upon transition from project basis to handling overall bookkeeping/administrative responsibilities, the hours will increase to 20-30 flex hours weekly. Work onsite in office located near the Atlanta Braves stadium.
Role is approximately 60% bookkeeping and 40% administrative.
Bookkeeping - record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare checks
- Account Reconciliations
- Make bank deposits
Examples of administrative tasks
- Overseeing/handling government compliance
- Keep up with various taxes owed
- Renew and pay multiple company tax registrations
- Ensure franchise taxes are paid
- File tax exemptions
- Create PowerPoint investment packages
- Input content into monthly newsletters
- Scheduling travel and managing calendars
- Responding to email correspondence
- Maintaining electronic files
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- 2+ years of experience within commercial real estate (firm in the business of real estate brokerage, property management etc.) strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles required
- QuickBooks experience is required
- Must be self-driven and able to work well independently
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
We offer access to highly experienced professionals in accounting/finance, analytics, business services, human resources, information technology, legal, marketing, project management, strategy and other specialized disciplines.