Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a vertically-integrated cannabis company, is seeking a Director of Operations. Reporting to the COO, the Director of Operations oversees production operations for the facility, including setting budgets, enforcing policies and procedures, executing strategic initiatives to improve processes, and maintaining a safe and compliant workplace environment. This person is responsible for ensuring the facility meets Company brand, production, and budgetary standards.
This is an on-site position in the Springfield, MA area.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees production facility operations including enforcing policies and procedures; setting and communicating facility standards, expectations, and goals; and holding staff accountable for meeting these goals
- Oversees recruitment, selection, and train of department management team; holds management team accountable for maintaining adequate and efficient staffing levels and adhering to payroll budgets
- Provides coaching and counseling opportunities to direct reports; gives feedback on performance, including providing annual performance reviews and applying corrective action as needed
- Coordinates with Human Resources to continuously evaluate and improve employment policies and procedures to increase morale and retention
- Prepares an annual budget, schedules expenditures, analyze variances, and initiates corrective actions in coordination with finance department
- Develops operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develops, implements, enforces, and evaluates policies and procedures; coordinates with purchasing department to develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
- Analyzes process workflows, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implements changes
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations; committed to running an injury-free workplace
- Seeks out educational opportunities and is committed to continuous improvement by reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and gaining industry credentials
- Serves as the primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to product quality; takes appropriate remedial action; coordinates with management team to continuously improve processes
- Produces various reports for senior leadership including inventory, production, payroll, and compliance-related auditing
- Coordinates with compliance team to maintain adherence to state regulations
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management required; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of operations management experience required
- Strategic mindset and focus on continuous process improvement and efficiency; experience in Lean/Six Sigma work environment a plus
- Proficient in Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office suite of products, Google Apps for Work
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think critically, problem solve, make strategic decisions, delegate appropriately, and influence and inspire teammates; empowers and encourages team to grow and excel
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule with some weekend work and occasional travel between company sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
We offer access to highly experienced professionals in accounting/finance, analytics, business services, human resources, information technology, legal, marketing, project management, strategy and other specialized disciplines.
Corps Team Services
Corps Team is a national leader in strategic workforce solutions for highly skilled, hard-to-find talent. Through our three specialized divisions (Corps Search, Mom Corps, Corps Advisory), we are able to help firms achieve higher returns on their talent investments. We offer access to highly experienced professionals in accounting/finance, analytics, business services, human resources, information technology, legal, marketing, project management, strategy and other specialized disciplines.