Corporate Communications Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will be in ATLANTA, GA working a hybrid schedule with a negotiable pay rate if interested please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant – Corporate Communication
This Administrative Assistant position provides support for multiple Corporate Communication functions including Media Relations, Crisis Management and Internal/Executive Communications. This position provides exposure and ability to collaborate with many other organizations within Georgia Power, as well as interface with executive offices. The successful candidate will possess exceptional organizational and decision-making skills, strong working knowledge of computer applications and administrative best practices, and be a self-starter with the ability and desire to work through changing priorities with minimal supervision. This position views significant confidential information and must be able to maintain that confidentiality.
The position is based out of the Georgia Power Corporate Office, and currently allows for a hybrid work environment depending on departmental needs. The position is responsible for administrative functions including but not limited to:
- Support of events such as employee town halls, media tours, photo shoots, etc.
- Participation in nuclear training and exercise program for Georgia Power, including onsite at Joint Information Centers
- Employee time processing
- Preparing monthly procurement card expense statements
- Calendar management, planning and organizing meeting arrangements and catering – direct support for managers in select functions
- Video conference and conference bridge scheduling, set-up and coordination
- Meeting minutes and action item tracking
- Making travel arrangements
- Maintaining SharePoint sites
- Preparing presentations and communications
- Ordering office and breakroom supplies
- Filing, faxing, copying
- Answering phones and taking effective messages
- Maintaining S: Drive access and Outlook distributions lists
- Invoice processing / Check requests
- Budget preparations and tracking / Monthly Accruals
- Other department specific requirements, as needed
- Support of the Corporate Communication management team and staff
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred
- Extensive experience secretarial/administrative experience in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience supporting a large department is highly desired
- Experience with timekeeping, expense reporting, arranging travel, and coordinating meetings, as necessary
- Experience taking initiative and being a self-starter in day-to-day responsibilities
- Qualification of Pre-Employment Clerical Test
- Administrative/clerical certification such as Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) is desired, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to professionally represent the department, including professional interactions with executives, managers, peers, department employees, vendors and other business partners.
- Ability to multi-task to organize, prioritize and perform activities from multiple personnel at various levels within the department, determine priorities, and meet the needs of the organization within the required deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage calendar, travel, inbox, and incoming calls with minimal distractions, while ensuring the manager remains abreast of daily activities and requests
- Ability to confidentially screen emails, upon request, and the ability to proactively prioritize the handling/processing of requests
- Must be an effective team player that is able to build and maintain strong relationships with other Executive/Administrative Assistants and across the Company, and provide back-up support to others as needed
- Proven ability to produce accurate results with attention to detail in a timely manner, independently, and with minimal supervision and direction
- Must possess excellent customer service, time management, phone, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Outlook)
- Ability to leverage resources to pull together and provide relevant, appropriate information around business needs/issues, and create effective PowerPoint presentations utilizing such data
- Demonstrated proficiency in Southern Company Systems such as iExpense, SHIPS, SCOTT, Maximo, eSTARS, and budgets is preferred
- Must utilize good judgment and decision-making skills to either involve leadership or make independent decisions, as appropriate
- Possess and display behaviors consistent with Our Values
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Demonstrate initiative and drive to deliver positive results
- Must be a team player that is customer focused and service oriented
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion and able to work with minimal direction
- Able to deliver assignments with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrate Diversity, Equity & Inclusive mindset
BusinessView all jobs at Corporate Temps
Get fresh Scheduling Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.