*MUST HAVE PRIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT EXPERIENCE*
Our Client on the West Side of Cleveland, Ohio is looking for a temporary Administrative Assistant to assist their ever-growing team. This person needs to have some experience with Word and Excel, as well as some sort of office experience. Our Client is willing to train you on the tasks below, so if you are a motivated individual apply TODAY!
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide and varied range of administrative support functions for the Human Resources Department including data tabulation, typing and word processing support, and data entry into computer-based systems. The Administrative Assistant serves as company telephone operator and Operational office receptionist to ensure that callers and visitors are handled in a courteous and professional manner. Maintains and updates office files and retrieval systems, assists with collection and distribution of mail, and provides secretarial and general office support to the Human Resources Personnel.
- Strong and accurate word processing skills
- Accurate typing, filing, oral, and written communication skills are essential.
- Types and/or prepares employee records, reports, correspondence, quotations, statistical tables and records as required utilizing electric typewriter, micro-computers, and other related office equipment.
- Data input, storage, and retrieval from computer-based system is critical.
- Experience in record classification, categorization and filing for identification and retrieval are essential.
- Must be able to organize personal work routines, handle unusual circumstances as they arise, and handle sensitive company and personnel information in a confidential manner.
EMPLOYEE RELATION SUPPORT:
- Required to handle a range of questions and inquiries from employees, visitors, vendors, customers, etc., in a professional, courteous, and responsive manner.
- As a company representative, the Administrative Assistant must exercise tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in responding to the internal and external groups.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment to screen telephone calls, visitors, personnel, and incoming correspondence, and refer calls and visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Utilizes intercom and paging system to ensure timely staff response to phone calls.
- Organizes and files all personnel related documents to include, but not limited to, employee information, project files, office correspondence, professional association materials, billing information, company reports, etc.
- Accuracy, timeliness, and the ability to establish effective retrieval systems are key performance indicators.
- Review materials prepared for manager’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Ensure timely pickup and distribution of office mail.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with office procedures.
- Ensure that proper clearances/approvals have been obtained when needed.
- Coordinates services such as UPS and Federal Express shipments.
- May be called upon to make arrangements for conferences, meetings, and assemble background material.
- Requisitions supplies: Printing, maintenance materials, or other office-related items
BACK UP SUPPORT:
- As required, provides secretarial support to production, engineering, and other departments to meet project deadlines, work demands, special projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One to two years related secretarial experience
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good telephone mannerism.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Stable work history.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Cooperative/positive outlook toward work.