Our client in Canton, Ohio is a growing organization within the telecommunications and hardware sector and is looking to add an Accounting Specialist with 1-3 years of experience to their team ASAP!
The Accounting Specialist will be part of the administrative group, which supports business development and customer and vendor relations. The purpose of the Accounting Specialist is to manage and improve accounting processes, generate necessary reports for business decision-making and for our customers and vendors.
In detail, the main responsibilities include the following:
- Accurately inputting the sales and cost data on the ecommerce side into the accounting system – Quick Books Enterprise
- Performing general journal entries for specific transactions, like returns and inventory to costs of goods.
- Monitoring the accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Presenting information on the accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reaching out to vendors and customers under the direction of their superior regarding the A/R and A/P
- Drafting invoices, receiving payments, recording deposits, reconciling bank accounts
- Thoroughly and accurately drafting consignment and payout reports
- Developing commission reports
- Providing financial reports and fielding any questions from company decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or 3 years of experience in an accounting position
- An understanding of accrual accounting
- Basic accounting knowledge regarding rules, regulations, standard operating procedures ad policies
- Excellent Microsoft Office abilities, especially in Excel and Word