Location: 101 & Thunderbird
Hours: Monday-Thursday 5:00AM-3:30PM (Must be able to do OT on Friday's)
- Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers to establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.
- Maintain product quality plans and control plans.
- Maintain quality performance metrics and drive issues to root cause solutions.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
- Audit manufacturing line against released manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
- Monitor quality, determine the root cause of problems and implement corrective actions and countermeasures.
- Process and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Work with Supply Quality Engineering and Suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements.
- Take part in an ongoing optimization of the products with respect to both cost and production technology.
- Support FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Provide Design for Manufacturability feedback to Engineering as well as participate in DFM reviews.
- Analyze and disposition component and product defects as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Analyze and interpret data independently.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
- 3+ years’ experience within quality systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA preferred.
- Strong aptitude with electronic test and measurements systems.
- Proficiency at reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to lift and sort parts of up to 30 pounds as needed.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc highly desire