Location: University Dr & Orange St
Hours: M-F 8 AM-5 PM
- Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience;
- OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Payroll processing (e.g. data entry, pay adjustments, termination payouts, overtime calculations, analyzing payroll data).
- Reconciling time and attendance records.
- Using on-line recruitment software (e.g. Kenexa BrassRing) and HRIS (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Filing and record management.
- Working within tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Payroll policies, practices and procedures.
- State and Federal regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA)
- Perform Department Time Administrator (DTA) duties: prepare, distribute, gather, review and reconcile timesheets each biweekly pay period ensuring accuracy and compliance with university policies and employment laws (e.g., FLSA, FMLA).
- Perform data entry, and review/analyze timesheets and payroll transactions for accuracy.
- Maintain department employee timesheet and personnel files; create and maintain department forms; prepare and distribute various payroll reports and communications.
- Utilize computer to access and maintain information in PeopleSoft, Kenexa BrassRing, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Maintain confidential information and records and adhere to record retention policies.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors to obtain needed information; respond verbally or in writing to inquiries.
- Provide back-up support to other unit staff; assist with special projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions of the job.