Our client, a manufacturing firm, is seeking an regional HR Director.
• 12 to 15 years of progressive human resources experience in areas including but not limited to HR management, organizational development, talent management, recruiting, training and development, employee relations, employment law. At least five years of HR management experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to adapt to the rapidly changing organization
• Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially
• Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to work outside of the core business hours when necessary
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
• Occasional travel to other South Carolina facilities required
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the HR department
• Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
• Prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
• Collaborates with both corporate management and site leadership to develop and implement the SC regional goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs
• Administers or oversees the regional administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development
• Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management
• Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system
• Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
• Contributes proactively as member of regional management team
• Develops and implements departmental budget
• Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for all supervisor and management staff
• Evaluates, determines, and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee trust, engagement and morale
• Regularly interacts with employees to answer questions and facilitate issue resolution, improve engagement and maintain the visibility of the HR function
• Responsible for all necessary activities related to site Social audits and compliance requirements
• Monitor exposure of the company and implement steps to ensure appropriate compliance and minimize risk
• Performs other duties as required