Tech I - Hardware
- $21 to $22 Hourly
$21.25 - $22.50 / hour
Reporting to the Corotech Manager, with a dotted line to the Operations Manager and Transportation Manager, the Technician I’s primary role is to assist in the technology relocation move process by physically and professionally disconnecting and reconnecting workstation PCs, peripherals and related hardware.
The Technician I is an entry level position and will receive appropriate training to ensure he/she can perform the job as expected.
The Technician I is assigned to work at different customer account locations to provide technical support for commercial moving projects. This position is responsible to ensure the customer’s requests relating to IT Technical support are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below, but not limited to, are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Disconnects and reconnects PCs and other peripheral electronic desktop components per supervisor’s direction and the specific job requirements.
- Records basic system information on PC Disconnect/Reconnect Checklist such as serial numbers, manufacturer, model numbers and placement.
- Possess the ability and willingness to assist the moving crews if needed.
- May be required to set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move computer equipment, furniture, miscellaneous equipment and boxes as required.
- Ensure a professional manner and appearance in provided Klinger uniform.
- Capture the existing workstation layout at the customer site and ensure the new setup is placed the same.
- Labeling all the IT assets/inventories to ensure there is no missing items during the moving.
- Ability to manage different cables and wires to ensure a nice, neat, and safe workstation.
- Ability to work carefully in a Lab environments (medical lab or computer lab).
- Ensure the assigned tasks are carried out within Corovan productivity standards.
- Escalate any technical issues/concerns to Corotech Manager.
- Quickly respond to any IT Technical requests from customers.
- Ability to perform network connectivity testing.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. ORGANIZATION SKILLS - Organization and project planning skills with ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedures, work instructions, and timesheets. Ability to effectively speak and communicate well with customers and coworkers.
3. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and correctly interpret the legend on installation drawings and read both standard and metric tape measures.
4. REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. LEADERSHIP - Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
6. OTHER DUTIES:
a. Ability to do electronics troubleshooting, analyzing information, good judgment in making decisions.
b. Exceptional client/customer service skills, equipment maintenance, ability to report work related issues to management, must maintain confidentiality, quality focus, results driven and supply management.
c. Good understanding of server equipment.
d. Must be familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect and must possess good customer service skills.
e. Must be familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process and understand the move labeling and directional signage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required and 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Valid California driver’s license is required.
3. Valid driving record that meets the company’s insurance carrier’s requirements.
4. Preferred to have 6 motnths working in Tech support position.
5. Good understanding about computer hardware, cables and connections.
Assigned to either San Jose or San Leandro.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
1. Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and doing stairs.
2. Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 50 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 100 pounds throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
4. Crawling: To install or check the installation of network devices and cabling.
5. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
6. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
7. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
8. Vision: Reads technical information and records on the computer.
9. Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
10. Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
11. May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
12. May be required to do stair carries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This list is not all inclusive.
1. Temp/Weather: Works in Office environment - for the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment.
2. Noise: Works in office environment with constant or intermittent noise.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
1. The work hours vary and employees might require to work late evenings or weekends depending upon business needs.
2. All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
100% travel to various job sites and customer locations. Must be able to commute daily to the customer site.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment activities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Being the largest and oldest Commercial Moving company in California we have helped thousands of businesses with their State-Wide commercial moving, storage, and furniture needs. Family-owned and operated for 73 years, Corovan is the largest commercial moving and storage company, serving businesses of all industries and sizes. We specialize in State-Wide Commercial Moving Services and have the resources and experience to meet your expectations. Come experience the Corovan difference and let’s get moving!
CorovanSan Jose, CA
TechnologyView All Corovan Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.