Facility Warehouse Manager
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
$70,000 to $90,000 Annually
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Facility Warehouse Manager is a dual role in managing the facilities and warehouse of an assigned location. This position will oversee facility operations at an assigned location, such as responsibility for the maintenance of the facility, including safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols. This person in this role will develop, execute, and monitor market plans, programs, and tactics to achieve the business plan. They will hire, manage and lead warehouse and operations employees, creating a high-engagement environment. They will be skilled at using project management and budgeting skills to ensure timely implementation within budget. The person must be adept at positive conflict resolution and creating a respectful and positive work environment in the warehouse and across functional lines.
This position will also have the responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to improve employee engagement to foster a positive work environment for their direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for maintaining the facility, such as HVAC, landscaping, security, parking lot, racks, janitorial, fire extinguisher inspections, and working with the local Fire Marshall.
· Maintains receiving, distribution, and warehouse operations by initiating and managing programs and operational procedures. Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling them with a data storage system.
· Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
· Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
· Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
People Management and Employee Engagement
· Lead the warehouse team of both direct and indirect reports to perform daily tasks. Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and managing work results.
· Develop performance standards to measure and give feedback to each employee and provide annual performance reviews to each team member including providing any necessary coaching and counseling.
· Be proactive in hiring, training, and coaching employees to maintain the highest level of employee morale and department productivity.
· Manage timekeeping system approvals to ensure payroll and timesheets are accurate.
· Partner with Human Resources to handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Update monthly department SMART goals in the goal system. Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
· Provide leadership to the team and set a culture of engaging and respecting employees.
· Proactively engage team to promote a positive work environment, by developing and implementing engagement plans to retain high-performing employees. Align the culture of the department with the overall company strategy and structure.
· Oversee security access control systems to ensure safety of employees and warehouse products.
· Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
· Oversee all servicing requests for alarm, fire, burglar, access control and CCTV.
· Manages and maintains video security for assigned location.
· Ensure a safe, clean and secure working environment by establishing and enforcing warehouse procedures.
· Responsible for overseeing negotiating and obtaining approvals for security contracts with vendors.
· Oversees management of the buildings assigned as facility supervisor for security, maintenance, cleanliness, as wells as vendor and landlord management, under the supervision of an operations Manager.
· Ensure crews are adhering to all safety rules; to include proper safety equipment PPE (back braces, safety shoes, safety glasses, masks, gloves, etc. required by the company or customer), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.). Leads weekly safety meetings for crew.
· Act as a backup to open or close the warehouse and office. Responsible for securing the facility in the evenings.
· Perform mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on shredding equipment, inclusive of electric pallet jacks, bins and consoles. Ensures compliance with internal safety audit.
· Act as point contact person for all facilities and warehouse escalation issues and resolve them in a timely manner. Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
· Maintain excellent customer service with the customers, vendors, sales, transportation, and operation teams to establish solid relationships.
· Ensure interactions with staff and customers are professional to promote company’s values and expectations.
· Participate and lead Six Sigma projects, as required to improve processes and efficiencies.
· Must possess the ability to teach basic training and Safety classes using PowerPoint
· Determine the training needs of team and be an active leader of driver and warehouse meetings.
· Promote Corodata’s Mission and Vision Statements.
· Ensure all recycled (boxes) are removed from warehouse.
· Responsible to ensure maintenance/purchasing/training on equipment, such as pallet jacks, forklifts (not at all locations), and all specialty equipment, including shredding.
· Responsible for NAID inspections with regards to the warehouse audit.
· Other duties to meet business needs and requirements as assigned.
· Acts as a backup driver as needed for rush deliveries.
· Ensures confidential data is protected and safeguarded at all times.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor's degree preferred in Business Management; or a combination of education and equivalent experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
· Five (5) years experience in a warehouse or a similar role.
· Three (3) years of facilities experience is required.
· Two to five (5) years of supervisory or lead experience.
· Experience managing people in a complex warehouse facility, commercial moving, logistics, or supply chain.
· Familiarity with various transportation, warehouse management systems (WMS), and/or inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with shipment options, legal issues, government regulations, and safety procedures is required. Preferred knowledge of local transportation routes.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience working and applying business improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma and/or ISO preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel.
· Valid California driver’s license and driving record that meets the company’s insurance carrier’s requirements.
· Proficient in the Spanish language.
· Experience developing a strategy and implementing new business lines and/or products.
· Forklift Certification is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position also requires employees to maintain a clean driving record that meets the standards of our insurance carrier, in order to be able to drive on behalf of the Company. In addition, the Driver Eligibility Standards apply to all Corodata Corporation Warehouse and Driver employees, as well as specialty qualifications for passenger vans and golf carts. All company Drivers must have a current and valid California issued driver’s license and must be registered in the Pull Notice Program. The Pull Notice Program is a registration requirement with the California Highway Patrol (CHP). All Drivers are required and it is mandatory to have a valid and current California issued driver’s license and be registered in the CAL DATA program for random drug testing.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment activities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Corodata is a privately held company with a management team that genuinely cares about their employees.
At Corodata, we continue to grow on the momentum of a great reputation. Corodata has a proven track record for excellence and continually exceeding industry standards. Corodata is a privately held company with a management team that genuinely cares about their employees. Our values include growth, customer service, continual improvement, and employee development. As a company, we work with some of the most dynamic companies in the world.
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.