Transportation Civil Construction Inspector - Rail Transit
Cornerstone Transportation Consulting Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an aspiring Civil Station Inspector, looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
We are looking for a seasoned Civil Station Inspector, to examine plans, inspect electrical, and other systems, verify alignment levels and elevation of structures; ensure buildings are in compliance with all local and federal regulations; while performing general physical activities for the construction of a heavy rail system in Los Angeles County.
For priority consideration, please apply using the link below
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Visits construction sites and inspects each stage of construction up to completion. Interpret plans, specifications, and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with them. Assist in obtaining approved designs and permits from utility companies for services to construction sites.
- Monitor construction sites for safety violations. Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards. Maintains daily activity logs and reports.
- Review or prepare interim progress reports for contractor payments. Monitor contractor- testing activities. Prepare reports on labor, material, and equipment on site. Determine construction conforms to plans and specifications; if not issue Non-Conformance Reports for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with LACMTA’s safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates preparation of inspection cost estimates and maintenance records.
- Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, mechanical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete, and asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
- Coordinates Metro Test laboratory activities and compares verifications test results with result from Contractor’s laboratory.
- May allocate inspection resources and supervise inspectors.
- Five (5) years of experience for Associate positions, ten (10) years of experience for Senior and Lead positions which reflect a progressively increasing level of responsibility on complex projects as a General Contractor, Building Construction Supervisor, Building Inspector of large commercial or industrial construction projects, heavy construction projects, transportation, or transit construction projects for the appropriate disciplines including utilities, civil, architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical trackwork, and tunnel systems.
- ICC Certificate of Reinforced Concrete or Masonry, ACI Registered Contraction Inspector License, comparable Deputy Inspection License for a county for city agency. NICET certification, or other alternative certification form an acceptable nationally recognized organization is highly desirable where applicable to Inspection of that particular trade.
- Cal-OSHA/OSHA 30 training certification.
Cornerstone Transportation ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth
Cornerstone Concilium, Inc. is a privately held professional firm formed in 1986 to provide architecture, engineering, and management consulting services within the facilities, transportation, and technology industries. Responding to the increasingly complex and rapidly changing nature of the business environment, we have established a single source organization to provide flexible and responsive services specifically suited to individual client needs for both privately and publicly funded projects.
AddressLos Angeles, CA