Cornerstone Transportation Consulting is looking a Project Coordinator for the Dulles Corridor project. The selected candidate would be base in Herndon, VA. The candidate needs to know how to use Excel.
Specific duties and responsibilities included:
• Assist the Project Controls Manager in a vast range of project controls duties including capital funding allocations, budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting.
• Coordinating with other individuals or departments/offices, gathering and consolidating progress and financial updates, and prepare WMATA's Monthly Status Report to MWAA.
• Prepares and submits WMATA's quarterly invoices to MWAA. Working with MWAA, FRA and other WMATA internal departments to submit expenditures backups and answering review and auditory questions.
• Prepares and recommends for approval of project schedules, estimates and forecasts.
• Support project procurement actions by conducting budget analyses, budgets adjustments, initiate and prepare Purchase Requisitions.
• Utilize PeopleSoft data such as Commitment Control, Expenditures, Time and Labor, Payroll reports to conduct analyses, product reports, and recommend for resolutions on labor charges, Purchase Order spending, budget variances, and schedule mitigations.
• Prepare and update PMIS monthly reports.
• Represent the SPM at meetings, as assigned;
Background & experience required:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management , construction management, business, or related field;
• A minimum of 5 years or equivalent of demonstrable experience coordinating large projects;
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification;
• Proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules;
• Ability to successfully complete WMATA’s RWP Certification Class;
• Ability to successfully complete the OSHA Confined Spaces Training;
• Knowledge of working in a government environment;
• Ability to pass a government background check;
• Ability to work in confined spaces;
• Reliable transportation;
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as required; and,
• Professional Engineer’s (PE) license is preferred; however, WMATA will consider experience and certification.