Document Control Specialist
Cornerstone Transportation Consulting Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are an experienced Document Control Specialist looking for an opportunity to advance your career, then we have the job for you
We are looking for an experienced Document Specialist to administer, organize, track, log, and update technical documents according to business standards on behalf of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA or ‘the Authority’), is one of the largest transit organizations in the United States
For expedited consideration please apply:
The Documentation Control specialist will be responsible for clerical duties related to the maintenance of technical documentation.
The person in this role will provide support to a variety of staff rand managers by creating, filing, and maintaining documents. While this can involve many specific duties related to document control and management, most of the day-to-day duties involve scanning and photocopying documents from departments around the office, maintaining files and filing systems, and creating documents using word processing systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support capital and non-capital projects by applying appropriate and proper electronic document archiving procedures;
- Develop and maintain projects files;
- Follow the WMATA file naming convention;
- Assist WMATA and consultant staff in retrieving needed documents from electronic file archives;
- Perform quality control checks to ensure that digital files are:
- Oriented correctly,
- Named consistently with the WMATA file naming convention, and
- Archived consistently with the WMATA file directory structure convention;
- Scan hard copy historical documents into a digital format and save the scanned documents in the appropriate digital folder, in accordance with the digital file structure provided by WMATA;
- Take the lead on maintaining all record ass-built drawings, design drawings, standard drawings, as is drawings, and contract close out documents in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by the Engineering and Architecture (ENGA) department;
- Coordinate with the project team, contractors, consultants, and Information Technology (IT) department to support the project close out process and assist with document onboarding from the Project Management Software System (PMSS) to the final WMATA repository; and
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the WMATA Task Manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field;
- A minimum of three (3) years or experience in the field of engineering;
- Experience working with documents, hard copy and digital, and file management;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Experience performing quality control checks;
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate both verbally and written;
- Able to work well with others including, contractors, agency personnel and the public
- Ability to follow directions after receiving the project orientation criteria and work flow instructions; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
• Experience working with secure contract documents, reports, and plans for infrastructure that may be classified as sensitive information; and
• Experience working with SharePoint.
Cornerstone Transportation ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth
Cornerstone Concilium, Inc. is a privately held professional firm formed in 1986 to provide architecture, engineering, and management consulting services within the facilities, transportation, and technology industries. Responding to the increasingly complex and rapidly changing nature of the business environment, we have established a single source organization to provide flexible and responsive services specifically suited to individual client needs for both privately and publicly funded projects.