Cornerstone seeks a Construction Manager for capital projects throughout Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia area.
This position will provide an opportunity to join a team who believes in giving back to communities.
The selected candidate will come with excellent construction management experience.
The construction manager will have vertical construction experience for public/municipal buildings including public safety building experience, such as police stations, corrections facilities, fire stations, emergency operations facilities, administrative buildings, parks, and schools.
The construction manager will be located at the client site in Washington DC and be able to work with a team of other construction managers to support a large capital improvement program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Full project management administration including conceptual/detailed estimating, scheduling, cost controls and reporting, demonstrated ability to manage budgets and schedules within project expectations.
- Manages the end to end delivery of Capital Projects. This includes budgets, schedule, engineering, construction, procurement, coordination, logistics, sustainability, safety, relocation, equipment purchase, vendor agreements and post occupancy quality control
- Represents project management department at senior management level.
- Comprehensive involvement for the design, construction, and move processes.
- Project Management execution in new and retrofit construction.
- Coordination for architectural design, engineering, construction, and commissioning of capital projects.
- Procurement of all capital and operational expenses needed to support projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Facilities Management or Architecture required
- Professional credentials and affiliations such as PE, RA, PMP, CCM, desirable and preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related industry experience or training, or a combination of education, experience and training.
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines, OSHA, LEED, Mass Building Code, etc.
- Working knowledge of audio visual, IT and security design/installation a plus
- Leadership and Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to lead diverse cross-functional teams.
- Ability to simultaneously manage large complex projects or several diverse small projects
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
Employment Category Full -Time Regular
Experience Level - Mid-Senior Level