CONSTRUCTION QUALITY INSPECTOR - w/ Bachelor's Environmental Science
Cornerstone Transportation Consulting Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are a problem solver, passionate about staying up to date on product knowledge and technical skills, we have the perfect job for you!
Cornerstone seeks a Construction Quality Inspector - for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA or ‘the Authority’), one of the largest transit organizations in the United States.
The Quality Inspector - shall have the ability to provide the Authority with quality control recommendations for rail-car maintenance based on experience.
For expedited consideration please apply using the following link:
This position is responsible for the direction, administration, monitoring, and coordination of the Project Quality Plan for the Radio & Cellular Infrastructure Replacement Project. This person will assist the WMATA Quality Manager and WMATA Task Manager in the planning, development, and controlling of major quality aspects of the construction of the underground Distributed Antenna System and provide oversight over the various contractor’s work as it relates to the contractor’s quality programs and ensures that WMATA’s construction and quality standards are upheld. The position requires regularly working day/afternoon/evening and night hours including weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. This position requires a significant amount of time spent in the field working at active construction sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular on‐site construction quality inspections for all work performed by Project personnel, Contractors and Sub‐Contractors to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements;
- Provide oversight of the Project Quality Plan with a representative from the WMATA Office of Quality and Internal Compliance Operations (QICO);
- Project Work and the Project Quality Plan and provide reports to the Quality Manager as required;
- Oversee project related quality concepts and recommend solutions to the project teams and contractors;
- Review hazard analyses by staff, contractor work plans, complete of project work and associated work and quality reports, and other tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager and WMATA Task Manager;
- Provide recommendations to key staff members;
- Attend or conduct project coordination meetings and quality meetings with each discipline involved as needed to ensure effective project control;
- Prepare project‐related correspondence to consultants, contractors, Authority officials, and other agencies;
- Complete a daily work report that outlines the work completed for the day; and
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Quality Manager and the WMATA Task Manager
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, or related field plus a minimum of three (3) years demonstrable experience in system safety and/or construction safety or must have at least six (6) years of demonstrable experience in same;
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 quality standards and its application to planning, design, and construction;
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, including holidays;
- Must be able to successfully complete WMATA’s Railway Worker Protection Certification (RWP) Class;
- Must successfully obtain OSHA‐10 Hour (Construction) Certification;
- Must be able to pass a Government background check;
- Must be able to work in confined spaces;
- Must have reliable transportation and must possess a valid District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia motor vehicle operator’s license; and
- May be required to travel out‐of‐state to conduct manufacturer inspections of facilities and witness any factory acceptance testing as required by the Quality Manager or WMATA Task Manager.
Cornerstone Transportation ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth
Cornerstone Concilium, Inc. is a privately held professional firm formed in 1986 to provide architecture, engineering, and management consulting services within the facilities, transportation, and technology industries. Responding to the increasingly complex and rapidly changing nature of the business environment, we have established a single source organization to provide flexible and responsive services specifically suited to individual client needs for both privately and publicly funded projects.