Cornerstone Staffing Solutions West Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cornerstone Staffing is seeking to hire a skilled part time Technical Editor to assist a West Sacramentocompany in production of reports, memorandums, papers, and online materials. We are recruiting for an experienced technical editor with excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills.
Individuals' professional experience should include a minimum of 6 years editing
experience, with proven experience in the fields of water resource engineering, fluvial
geomorphology, hydrology and/or restoration design projects.
The Technical Editor will be responsible for reviewing and editingproduced materials
including project reports, technical memorandums, papers, articles, training manuals,
proposals, and online marketing content. The editor must possess the ability to help
translate complex technical issues into plain, understandable language for the lay reader.
Technical topics may include hydraulic and hydrologic modeling and analyses, geomorphic
studies, water quality, climate change, and environmental restoration design. The Technical
Editor must have strong computer and word processing skills, in addition to writing,
editing, and proofreading skills. They must be good communicators who are able to make
decisions under deadline pressure. Responsibilities include review and editing of materials
for clarity, punctuation, grammar, content, and accessibility by a diverse range of
audiences. The position will involve working closely with engineers, hydrologists,
ecologists, and scientists. This is a part time, non-exempt position,
with varying hours based on project needs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 6 years of technical editing experience, 10+ years preferred
• Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism, English, communications, applied science,
mathematics, engineering, water resources, or other closely related fields
• Proven experience as a technical writer and working with a variety of style guides
• Experience or familiarity with various components of technical studies including field
assessments, analyzing and evaluating data, and preparing reports
• Experience communicating the development of design plans for complex environmental
rehabilitation projects in riverine, wetland, and estuarine settings
• Familiarity with describing the use or the application of hydrologic and hydraulic
computer modeling applications. Familiarity with the following models is desired but
not required: HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), HEC-HMS, MIKE 11, MIKE 21, SRH2D, FLO-2D,
TUFLOW and Delft3D
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience with desktop publishing, and online software; desired but not required
• Familiarity with the preparation of specifications and bid packages
• Experience assisting with proposal development
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and handle pressure
• Strong attention to detail